• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Car Dealers..How is May shaping up ?

danoneil

Boss
Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
With the month end in sight I wanted to get some feedback on how May is shaping up.

March and April were fantastic but May has been a up hill battle. Hoping for a strong end of month push.

Some Honda dealers in our area had some Fleet Deals with Enterprise, so #'s are a little sku'd compared to our competition.

Some vetern sales people are saying " the stock market is down, car sales are down" ...

How's it goin out there ?

Hey Dan,
Glad to hear you guys had a great March and April! Here is a little insight into how things have been here outside the Pittsburgh area.
March for us was fantastic, but April was a struggle. We also have two Toyota stores in our dealer group that rocked, so we assumed that Toyota's aggressive incentives were taking some customers off the market. This month however has been much steadier, and has definitely picked up over the last 4 selling days. Dramatically. I expect you to have a really strong close with the CR-V low apr. I have had customers coming out of the wood work for it for a week now.
I have been with our dealer group for over seven years, but with Honda only one. Great products, and the ownerbase is amazing. I did read a little disheartening article today I wanted to share with you. Let me know what you think, and have a great finish! What's Wrong At Honda? Maybe Everything - Auto Observer

Hey Dan,
Glad to hear you guys had a great March and April! Here is a little insight into how things have been here outside the Pittsburgh area.
March for us was fantastic, but April was a struggle. We also have two Toyota stores in our dealer group that rocked, so we assumed that Toyota's aggressive incentives were taking some customers off the market. This month however has been much steadier, and has definitely picked up over the last 4 selling days. Dramatically. I expect you to have a really strong close with the CR-V low apr. I have had customers coming out of the wood work for it for a week now.
I have been with our dealer group for over seven years, but with Honda only one. Great products, and the ownerbase is amazing. I did read a little disheartening article today I wanted to share with you. Let me know what you think, and have a great finish! What's Wrong At Honda? Maybe Everything - Auto Observer

That is a interesting and accurate article. Thanks for sharing. I hope we can pull it together for month end. Phones & email campaign is in full swing.

From one Dan to another it's good to here you had a great May. Y9our dealership is right up the street from me !

May was pretty strong for us as well. But June as definately been a struggle. Even Honda dealers that hit extra cash bonus money for Civics and Accords are not doing well In fact they are behind us in cars sold.

Not sure why Honda does the things they do :dunno:

I was wondering if you were in Westminster or on Harford Road.....you answered my question.

The month end is getting busier but it's been a struggle...and we just don't know why.....maybe vacations and all?

Last June was a rough one here as well. I was just looking at last years numbers and it was bad. Now I was on vacation for a week but even the store wasn't all that good. Last July was great. So worst case I'm keeping my head up for July :)