• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Car Sales Through The Service Dept.

Jared Chandler

Push Start
Sep 11, 2017
First Name
Jared
*New Member - First Time Post.

A little background... I am a Automotive Digital Strategist and responsible for the creation and implementation of digital marketing strategies, conversion best practices and operations strategies for dealership clients. My focus has been to design and create solutions that increase efficiency and ROI within each department of a dealership in both generation (marketing) and conversion (people and process).

That being said, this is not about digital, but something I think can benefit any dealership. This is free advice I give to all of my dealership clients, I wonder if any of you in sales or management have tried this?

I sold an extra 5 cars a month (on average) by stapling a phony check to all larger RO's, that would make good trade-ins...
See Attached File

I would follow that up with a letter saying something along the lines of, "ABC Ford has had a fantastic year and some of the biggest rebates in the history of our dealership. We have found ourselves in need of clean, low mileage, pre-owned vehicles. What does this mean to you? ABC Ford has attached a seven day offer for your trade. Let's help each other, use the check below and upgrade your ride before the weekend."

Ask for Jared, for more details.

A nice little kick-back for the Service Writer or Manager will insure you are up-to-date on the vehicles coming in the service drive.

Attachments

• Fox-blue-check.jpg
    Fox-blue-check.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
*New Member - First Time Post.

A little background... I am a Automotive Digital Strategist and responsible for the creation and implementation of digital marketing strategies, conversion best practices and operations strategies for dealership clients. My focus has been to design and create solutions that increase efficiency and ROI within each department of a dealership in both generation (marketing) and conversion (people and process).

That being said, this is not about digital, but something I think can benefit any dealership. This is free advice I give to all of my dealership clients, I wonder if any of you in sales or management have tried this?

I sold an extra 5 cars a month (on average) by stapling a phony check to all larger RO's, that would make good trade-ins...
See Attached File

I would follow that up with a letter saying something along the lines of, "ABC Ford has had a fantastic year and some of the biggest rebates in the history of our dealership. We have found ourselves in need of clean, low mileage, pre-owned vehicles. What does this mean to you? ABC Ford has attached a seven day offer for your trade. Let's help each other, use the check below and upgrade your ride before the weekend."

Ask for Jared, for more details.

A nice little kick-back for the Service Writer or Manager will insure you are up-to-date on the vehicles coming in the service drive.

Good stuff @Jared Chandler - were you using an equity mining software to determine which vehicles/customer you would incent?

Good stuff @Jared Chandler - were you using an equity mining software to determine which vehicles/customer you would incent?

@Jeff Kershner thanks for pointing that out! Yes, DealerSocket has a tool called RevenueRadar that constantly searches your DMS for customers in a favorable position to spend money at your dealership. This includes highlighting service opportunities.

• Useful
@Jeff Kershner thanks for pointing that out! Yes, DealerSocket has a tool called RevenueRadar that constantly searches your DMS for customers in a favorable position to spend money at your dealership. This includes highlighting service opportunities.

We've done similar with AutoAlert - found many issues when trying to do things with RevenueRadar.
Have helped many dealers turn their service lane into potential sales goldmine doing things like this.
It's simple, effective and if the dealer is really smart they can do a full appraisal on the car better on the hoist than they can on the ground.

Some dealers do the offer stapled to the RO, some do the "while you're waiting, would you like to test drive the newer model year" approach.
Both seem to work quite well, but there's something special about getting them into the test drive, coming back to the dealership and casually mentioning that you can get them into that car for the same monthly payment amount they pay today.

• Useful
We offer a great appointment scheduling software that is cloud based and is being used across many dealerships. It's very simple to get started and works great for this industry. The great thing is that you can test it out during a free 30 day trial and you will only be asked for your billing after the trial period, if you choose to continue. Check out more information about ScheduFlow at http://try.duoserve.com/scheduling-software .

• Useful