• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
No problem!

I would just recommend narrowing it down to the 1 thing you’re most passionate about and start from there. No need to be everything to everyone right off the bat, find a niche and expand organically.

And you’d love Northwood, it’s a great all around business school on a beautiful campus. A little pricey but they have great scholarships available. Tell the head of the automotive program I said hi if you end up visiting!
Definitely will have a strong focus in marketing. I took marketing at my HS, and we had to make marketing plans for businesses. When my turn rolled around, apparently it was one of the best put together plans my teacher (of 20+ years) had seen - so I'll definitely focus there.

Just have the following questions to dealers, in order to determine pricing. If you have any answers to any, please let me know.
  • How much do dealers spend on monthly advertising, and what’s the breakdown of that being spent on different types of advertising? (Digital, Radio, TV, etc.)
  • Is a marketing team/staff outsourced by dealerships or in-house?
  • How much do you already pay for those services above individually and/or combined?
  • What’s a price you (as a dealer) would pay for a service that provided all of the above, per month.

So this is interesting.

Your warranty is very confusing. If a light bulb burns out your warranty fixes it. If a transmission blows up, your warranty does not fix it. The warranty business is complex and regulated. What you are proposing will absolutely not pass the smell test with the Dept of Insurance.

The agency idea is good, but also saturated. There some good ones looking for employees. Arbor Advertising might be a good place to learn your way around.
Warranty idea is being dropped. Too inconsistent, licensing pains, and upfront bond required.

Most likely will go with the agency idea, but to beat saturation, will throw in a bunch of options and work around a monthly subscription plan. Hyper Personalization for any automotive business.

Last edited: