• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CarFax Reports on Websites / Full or Partial

clasione

3rd Base Coach
Apr 14, 2021
Awards
First Name
John
I remember way back -- probably way way back, when CarFax used to allow vehicle portals to display CarFax reports..... At the time, all you had to do is link to the VIN. Nowadays I see some sort of token is in use in the URL. Anyone know if CarFax offers anything specifically for automotive portals that are fee-free, even if the report is a portion which is free, and the consumer would have an opportunity to purchase the full report if they wanted or were interested enough in a vehicle they are viewing?

I remember way back -- probably way way back, when CarFax used to allow vehicle portals to display CarFax reports..... At the time, all you had to do is link to the VIN. Nowadays I see some sort of token is in use in the URL. Anyone know if CarFax offers anything specifically for automotive portals that are fee-free, even if the report is a portion which is free, and the consumer would have an opportunity to purchase the full report if they wanted or were interested enough in a vehicle they are viewing?
Yeah, CarFax made the change about a year or two ago, now each vendor has to pay an integration fee - I believe around $5k upfront.

About all you can do now is pay the integration fee or link to the CarFax report ordering page for that specific VIN.
https://secure.carfax.com/creditCard.cfx?vin={VIN}

• Useful
Reactions: Alex Snyder
Certainly seems like a reasonable price.... You have any contact details for their dealer sales department or is it just general numbers on their site. I want to inquire about shopping portal access for consumers. Curious what that costs.