• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cars.com/DealerRater - Dealers Facebook Posts are ClickBait

They'll occasionally make some tweaks to connectivity requirements without letting partners know so it requires some catch-up on our end.

100% Facebook is the worst for this. Our Facebook Ads product has to constantly be updated to keep up with their changes.
In the last year we've had to fix at least 1 thing every month as they change restrictions, limitations, auth requirements, the granularity of permissions, etc.

Reactions: oldershawj02
@oldershawj02 any chance DealerRater offers some different variables or altogether unpublished widgets for the Testimonial Feed?

Under My Website Tools in the DealerRater dealer dashboard there are a few variables one can choose for what to display in the widget. However, it doesn't seem to work. It would be great to choose how many reviews display, size constraints, w/wo LotShot photos, vertical & horizontal scroll, etc. for the widget to display. Some of these options exist but they don't seem to stick when saved. I would like to display this widget on our VDP but with the current settings don't allow me to format correctly.

Any thoughts or solutions around this?

@oldershawj02 any chance DealerRater offers some different variables or altogether unpublished widgets for the Testimonial Feed?

Under My Website Tools in the DealerRater dealer dashboard there are a few variables one can choose for what to display in the widget. However, it doesn't seem to work. It would be great to choose how many reviews display, size constraints, w/wo LotShot photos, vertical & horizontal scroll, etc. for the widget to display. Some of these options exist but they don't seem to stick when saved. I would like to display this widget on our VDP but with the current settings don't allow me to format correctly.

Any thoughts or solutions around this?

Hey @Jeff Kershner - thanks for sharing. I love the idea of being able to format for display on VDP vs. "reviews page". You're right, we currently have the ability for users to select # of reviews, min review score and choose review sources (and sounds like there may be a bug if it's not respecting your selections) but don't yet have options for UI formatting on our end.

I'm going to have Mike Lauf (our dealer product guru) ping you to get more details and also make sure that we can get any fixes queued up asap. Thanks!

Reactions: Jeff Kershner