• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cars.com Lead Program

We tried new leads plus for about six months and I think we only had three sales from it, we were only purchasing 25 leads per month. So we only had limited success. Most of the leads were not that great, most of them were out of our market area, and no responsive customers.

I would give it 3 months..give the leads all the 101 and follow-up you can and see how it performs for you. Many times different lead gens perform differently according to your geographical location and what you are selling (manufacture).

Give the leads their due diligence and see what happens.

Hey everybody! We just signed up for Cars.com lead program, and I was wanting to see what kind of success everyone had with that who has tried it.

Thanks!

I just signed up too. We have gotten a few leads and have a deal pending finance. So far the leads seem to be o.k. Geographically I think the program will work well for us. We are a smaller dealership with several larger outlying communities nearby. We do not subscribe to OEM third party leads and are not currently engaged in any SEM. If I can show some success with this program then I will be able to convince the DP to get into some SEM.

We used to use it, but axed it during our 2008 cuts. It performed OK. It was middle of the road in my opinion - not bad - not great. We restricted the territory range after the first 90 days and it helped a lot. We also bought a lot more leads than 25.....but we're feeding 11 different franchises.