• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cars.com listings affected by CDK?

To summarize::

Cars.com uses CDK for something/reason to aggregate inventory - but no one knows (would be nice for Cars.com to comment in here).

Not all dealers appear to be affected == If your use vAuto syndication, you appear to be affected. If your use HomeNet for Syndication it is a hit/miss.

Heads up for anyone updating those vehicles in Cars.com -- it's likely you'll also have to remove those prices (or maybe Cars.com can) once those syndicated feeds from CDK are up to date. Cars.com likely have an override field so feed updates don't write over manual dealer updates and those will need to be cleared at a later time.

Heads up for anyone updating those vehicles in Cars.com -- it's likely you'll also have to remove those prices (or maybe Cars.com can) once those syndicated feeds from CDK are up to date. Cars.com likely have an override field so feed updates don't write over manual dealer updates and those will need to be cleared at a later time.
Correct.

Week #5. Cars.com still not working for Reymore.com. Did some spot checks, its everywhere.
  1. How long before the dealer body wakes up to this?
  2. Even worse news for CARS, the fact that dealers don't know CARS is 5weeks dead in the water (do classified sell cars?)
  3. I am a giant CARS fan, Alex V & Doug M, you got to lead before this goes viral.
  4. If the black hat hedge funds get a hold of this story... ugh.

Week #5. Cars.com still not working for Reymore.com. Did some spot checks, its everywhere.
  1. How long before the dealer body wakes up to this?
  2. Even worse news for CARS, the fact that dealers don't know CARS is 5weeks dead in the water (do classified sell cars?)
  3. I am a giant CARS fan, Alex V & Doug M, you got to lead before this goes viral.
  4. If the black hat hedge funds get a hold of this story... ugh.
When you say it's still not working, do you mean inventory not going in? I had a temporary issue, but it's been fixed for a while. I have noticed that sales are down from Cars than normal, but my leads from Cars are actually up this month, so I blame us. Is there something I'm missing?