• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cars.com testing VDP lead form featuring dealer sales people

What factors? ...and wouldn't that work against lead lead volume - exactly what they're being paid to offer up! Hence my sentence "This is either a real game changer or a complete mess."

If this takes off, I'm starting a new business - *DealerGlamour Shots - and if anyone steals my idea, I'm coming after you!! :nono:

Some factors to consider would be rep availability and display reps based on some type of round robin system. Some stores that have non-commission based reps might want to only show their best reps. Stores could pick a configuration that works best for them. This might work great for some dealerships and not for others. I'm very open to suggestions.

Thanks to everyone who's offered feedback so far. I listened to what you had to say and revamped the product.

As models and pricing become more and more similar between stores, the real differentiator is going to the customer experience. It's obviously a better long term play as well. If a shopper saved a couple hundred dollars but didn't like the shopping experience, how likely are they going to recommend your store?

Shoppers should be matched up with the right sales person. They should know who they will be working with before they step foot onto your dealership.

This type of technology is going to enhance that customer experience.

If anyone else wants to see what I have going on and make suggestions, PM me privately.

Caught this on in the wild late last week.

DBWJrH7XgAElkQf.jpg:large

Hi guys... as you know, Salesperson Connect has been out for a little bit. For the past several months, I've been working on a similar product for the dealer website. I'd like to announce that I'm accepting pilot users to try out a light version of the product for free (no credit card, no fancy integration). After this phase, I'll move the product to a different platform that will be subscription based.

Let me know if you would like to hop onboard and we can see if you are a good fit.

Ben

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Love what you're doing Ben. You've been a huge asset to the community here so I'll allow the "pitch." On top of that, being a small MB dealer in a smaller town. We are starting to grab some decent attention from having our sales people on the Cars.com VDP. We've gotten several "Connections." But with that being said, our top sales person and top "Connections" rated sales person seems to get all the "Connections." Is this good or bad?

I don't know yet.

Reactions: Ben_Adler12