• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Carshopmobile.com

mcampo2501

Boss
Mar 7, 2012
First Name
Mike
So my GSM gets an email this afternoon from carshopmobile.com with information on someone looking for a car that is in no way shape or form related to anything in our active or past inventory. Supposedly these guys take a car shoppers information and slingshot it to as many dealers as the user wishes to select, based on the car that they would like to see the used car factory produce for them. While I'm not sure if this is a real lead, or just a "sample" of what they have to offer, I think it's odd that we would be getting a lead from a company that is offering a completely free service, to which we've never subscribed. I would think that sending customer information to even just a dozen dealers will result only in hundreds of unwanted phone calls and emails over the next 90 days. Consider also that most of these dealers, if not all of them, will be saying, "I don't have that car, but would you consider...". Seems like a waste of time, but my gut won't let me not respond. Anyone heard of these guys?

Right from the Carshopmobile website:

"Powered by Chrome Systems
Certain specifications, prices and equipment data have been provided under license from Chrome Systems, a DealerTrack company (“Chrome”). © 2011 Chrome Systems, a DealerTrack company. All Rights Reserved. This information is supplied for personal use only and may not be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever without the express written consent of Chrome. Chrome makes no guarantee or warranty, either express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose, with respect to the data presented here. All specifications, prices and equipment are subject to change without notice."

Right from the Carshopmobile website:

"Powered by Chrome Systems
Certain specifications, prices and equipment data have been provided under license from Chrome Systems, a DealerTrack company (“Chrome”). © 2011 Chrome Systems, a DealerTrack company. All Rights Reserved. This information is supplied for personal use only and may not be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever without the express written consent of Chrome. Chrome makes no guarantee or warranty, either express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose, with respect to the data presented here. All specifications, prices and equipment are subject to change without notice."

Jerry,

Chrome data was used to fill out the site. Chrome may or may not own this... but, whom ever made this site has a LAME game plan. It looks like the efforts of a small independent with little sell side experiences.

After playing a 30-second round of "spot the fraud" ....

It's a complete scam - I do NOT suggest doing anything besides adding their domain to your firewall and/or spam filter.

1. Even a complete newbie wouldn't HOTLINK THEIR BUTTONS

2. A newbie may make this mistake, but no legit business should neglect to throw up a 301-redirect.
http://www.______.com and htt://_____.com are NOT the same thing as far as search engines are concerned and Google will peg you as having duplicate content.... You need to pick one and forward the one you didn't pick, to the one you did...

3. Legitimate businesses know the value in optimizing their WHOIS info. The only people who completely hide it are pedophiles and scam artists.

lol_fail.jpg

You are the weakest link, goodbye!

Let's try a little SEO of our own :)

CarShop Mobile
Dealer Lead Provider
Car Shop Mobile
(scam, scammer, ripoff, report, carshopmobile, carshopmobile.com, iphone app, alert, auto dealers)

Just a couple of answers to some of your questions:
To mcampo2601: we have removed your dealership from our system and we do apologize for any inconvenience. The lead you received was not a sample but from a real customer. Our leads are free at the moment and there are no worries of customers receiving too many calls. They select how many dealers so they control the number of responses. Most all leads are from consumers who are having trouble finding a specific model, equipment , etc. Plus as you know less than half of leads are even responded to. Thanks for your questions and feel free to contact is at anytime.

To: Jerry and Joe:
The Chrome info posted twice in this forum is one of the options Chrome gives you as a required item when using Chrome data. It's their disclosure and as no bearing on our site. Again our apologies for having a lame site but our iPhone app is our sole focus. We are a legitimate business but with limited funds at the moment and in no way are trying to scan dealers in the process. Pretty hard to scAm someone when it's free. You guys are very respected automotive people. I would expect that a new fresh idea of giving customers control of who they contact without busting multiple dealers for 20-25 a pop would be embraced in the automotive world as it has been by hundreds of dealers across the country. We have over 30 years

To paradox: obviously we have some things we could learn from you as you have shown us in your post but we are in no way a scam or ripoff. We would truly appreciate you removing your comments as you have no idea what we do or why. We do not charge dealers nor do we sell off information to any third party providers. We are simply providing leads free of charge while we are fine tuning our iPhone app and making changes that dealers have requested. We do have hopes of becoming a profitable business at some point but are completely and 100% legit.

Mcampo2501 just asked if anyone had heard of us.

Maybe next time before you guys trash an idea or business in your own industry you might just make a call or send an email to find the answers you are looking for before bashing a legitimate company.

James,

You answered in such a professional manner, my admiration for you just went way up. Its a fine example of how a dealer should handle a "flamer" (aka bad review).

That being said, you may wish to think to yourself about why or how I came to the conclusion "...It looks like the efforts of a small independent with little sell side experiences."

HTH

Reactions: 2 people
James,

You answered in such a professional manner, my admiration for you just went way up. Its a fine example of how a dealer should handle a "flamer" (aka bad review).

That being said, you may wish to think to yourself about why or how I came to the conclusion "...It looks like the efforts of a small independent with little sell side experiences."

HTH

This wasn't an April Fools post? Really!