• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CDK (ADP) DMS Now charging vendors for dealers Data

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
Is your DMS with CDK (formally ADP Dealer Services) If so - BE PREPARED!

Why?

Because ADP/CDK has decided to follow along with Reynolds & Reynolds by charging each one of your vendors needing access to YOUR DMS data (such as CRM, Inventory Management, Equity Mining, Sevice Scheduler...) between $250 to $300 a month VS the current average fee of around $70.

Those costs will of course be passed down to the dealer.

CDK has already started serving your vendors termination notices. No more access to your DMS Data unless they become certified under their new initiative, referred to as "SecurityFirst."

SecurityFirst to protect customer data from falling into unauthorized hands.

Read more about CDK's new SecurityFirst initiative on Autonews.com.

Is this move providing any actual layer of securing your sensitive data housed within the walls of your ADP/CDK DMS or could this be nothing more than a money making scheme for CDK?

What do you think?

I think this is nothing short of terrible. Where do they get the idea that they should allow or disallow access to MY data?

If I'm entering the data, I should be able to take it back out any way I want.

I understand that there are dealers who need their hand held, but this is not adding security, it's just adding fees. They're still going to let those same vendors have my data once they pay the fees and those vendors almost always had to sign an agreement about the data already anyways..

And to clarify on this a bit more...

The $250-$300 charge is per EACH area of PACKAGED DATA. Typically referred to as "PIPs."

So, it could be...
$300 for sold data per store per month
$300 for detailed F&I data per store per month
$300 for inventory
$300 for ROs
$300 for service appointments
....etc etc.

Think of all the different data sources within the DMS and that each one is now 4 to 7 times the price it was.
Could this be a bit on the crazy side!?!?