• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CDK / vAuto - Manually added vehicles

DrewAment

Boss
Apr 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Drew
Had a dealer call me asking why inventory was not being removed from vAuto when sold in DMS (CDK)

Just got off the phone with vAuto -- any vehicles MANUALLY added in vAuto will not remove/update from DMS feed.

1 - Get a list of those manually added vehicles from vAuto == you have to request from support as they dont have that option in the tool. And then delete them. The ones that are still in stock will populate back from your DMS feed overnight.

2 - MANUALLY check inventory on schedule to remove vehicles you added outside of DMS

I asked vAuto if they had a way to just force the entire inventory to "DMS added" so it would update overnight == NO. Just insane thinking of all the dealers, esp the ones with huge inventory, that were manually adding vehicles - and now having to do another manual process.

• :light:
Reactions: joe.pistell
This is 100% not the case and there are many ways of handling this. There is even a setting to automatically remove inventory if not seen from the DMS within [x] days. I'd recommend contacting your PM and/or support again as the information you received is incorrect.

Interesting == I am going to reconnect with PM and support.

FYI -- Had 2 people from support tell me there was no other way. Even had one check with her "manager".