• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CDK Websites See Significant Organic Traffic Increases

Could it be that it wasn't the algorithm update, but something else that coincidentally occurred around the same time? The past month or so, we've had a number of clients report that organic traffic to their CDK site increased, while organic traffic to their DI website decreased. When investigating, we found that the website link in their GMB magically changed from their DI site (which the clients considered their primary website) to their CDK website.

Not saying this IS the case here, Dave. However I would be curious to know if the clients you observed with the organic increases to their CDK site also have a website with another provider.

Jason, great insights and feedback here. After speaking with a few of our guys, here's what I can say with regards to GMB and secondary sites.

While we often suggest a secondary site, these increases were virtually universal for dealers with and without. In regards to GMB, we have an alert system in place to always update our URLs to the appropriate site on GMB so we can verify that those links are accurate. We are very interested to see if these inflated numbers are temporary or a permanent change. Time will tell! And I look forward to being able to share that with the community. Thanks for the continued conversation and thoughts, everyone!