• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Chevy impala hard to sell

yagoparamo

Boss
Dec 30, 2009
First Name
Yago
IMG_8835.jpg Well... maybe if we had 1000 dealers putting their minds into marketing, promoting, and pushing to sell Impalas there would be more demand.

But for now lets keep advertising the same car, with the same content, with the same incentives, with the same colors, in 1000 identical, impersonal, websites.

Lets continue take the car guy out this equation and let the Cobalties dictate who we are. That seems to be working.

Maybe the reason people are not buying the Impala is because it's not that great a car outside of all the UAW funded back end funny money GM dealers get to enjoy. Message to GM dealers: Grandma changed her plans and now drives a Rogue.

@Carluminati

...after making that mistake the OEM further hinders the dealers ability to market in different ways

Nailed it. I have never been more frustrated in my career than I am right now. I'm convinced the people making these decisions do not have a retail or entrepreneurial bone in their bodies. Perhaps just chipping away at the power of the franchisees until their eventual demise...