• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Chrome and Firefox

Jul 13, 2009
First Name
Unemployed
It came to my attention that if you’re using explorer than in Google page Chrome advertisement appears. But if you’re using Firefox, no advertisement. Is Google supporting Firefox and open source? If so, why have they developed Google Chrome?

Last edited:
What made you think Google was supporting Firefox directly? Yeah, they're going to write plug-ins and do things to support it because Firefox is being used by roughly 20% of Google's customers. I think you have something blocking the ads in Firefox Google just hasn't figured out how to program around.

How are you liking Chrome by the way? I still haven't tried it.

It now has its own OS: Official Google Blog: Introducing the Google Chrome OS

It came to my attention that if you’re using explorer than in Google page Chrome advertisement appears. But if you’re using Firefox, no advertisement. Is Google supporting Firefox and open source? If so, why have they developed Google Chrome?

Probably have the Ad Block plus program or something similar installed. I dont see ads, and can manually block the ones that get through with a click.

Last edited:
Alex,

I love Chrome for fast browsing or when I'm only going to spend a few seconds on something (which is pretty often, really). It loads fast, browses efficiently and adheres to the simplicity Google (and Mac) are famous for.

However, Firefox' plugins makes it a necessity for me. I use FF and Chrome 50/50 evenly.

Alex,

I love Chrome for fast browsing or when I'm only going to spend a few seconds on something (which is pretty often, really). It loads fast, browses efficiently and adheres to the simplicity Google (and Mac) are famous for.

However, Firefox' plugins makes it a necessity for me. I use FF and Chrome 50/50 evenly.

You're right, Chrome is really fast!

I did notice that I got more Trojans and spyware when I used it for a month.

That was right after they launched it, so things may have improved as far as security is concerned.