• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Chrysler PAP and Chrysler Digital best results for the money??

dilliams

Green Pea
Dec 14, 2012
First Name
Dan
Hello all. We have recently acquired a Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM dealership and I have moved from our Chevrolet location with the intention of expanding the new store. Over the past several months, we've increased our volume considerably and I am left with a very good problem, a large surplus of unused PAP funds. My intention is to use them primarily for enhancing our online presence. There are several programs available to Chrysler dealers from a variety of vendors, primarily SEO/SEM services, with a bit of Rep. Mgmt and Social Media too. My initial instinct was to choose Dealer.com out of convenience since they're already the provider for my dealership site and some other tools. But, I've been getting the impression there may be better options out there. Is anyone currently using one of these Chrysler Digital Certified providers such as CF, Haystak, L2t, Pixel Motion, Search Optics, Dealer.com Adpearance, Mudd, etc. Who delivers the best results/value/service??

Jeff,
Unfortunately, if I want to take advantage of my surplus co-op funds I have to pick one of their approved products and, while I agree there are some other areas where I could focus, Chrysler is rather specific as to what they will allow for co-op reimbursement. So, my intention is to take advantage of "free money" while I can. Prior to our company acquiring this store and my arrival, there was virtually no web presence or marketing. I guess my question should be two fold: One, to other Chrysler dealers, what has been the most useful PAP approved products and, Two, is/has anyone used the above mentioned companies for SEO, Rep. management, or social media and would you recommend them?

Dan, I'm very familiar with the Chrysler PAP Program.

My point is you have several options to choose from and if I were you I would consider the ones that gave me the most bang for the buck.

If you have A decent amount of traffic already going to your dealership website, I would look into a conversion tool. Maybe chat or hooklogic. I swear they provided a paid search and display advertising solution that was Pap eligible. But I must be wrong.

Chrysler Digital

Right, sorry Jeff, I misunderstood your response. I've decided that, at the current moment, my focus is increasing traffic to the site. And yes, as you know, there are many certified vendors for both SEO and paid search/display ads. My intention is to implement both and was looking for feedback from those who may have used or are familiar with any of the vendors.

The vendors that are PAP eligible that I have had a great relationship with are Haystak for SEM, Hooklogic for website conversion, and the Blackbook trade tool have all given us great results. They have recently formed a relationship with Lotlinx for SEM and are reporting decent results for the dealers that have tried it. We have not used that at our Chrysler stores yet, so hoping someone who has can chime in and offer feedback as well.

dERLERrFresh is known to be a trusted source.

Lotlinx and Haystack was not very effective with any of our dealers we worked with and they no longer use them.

Haystack for one don't give their clients exclusivity, and they will sign up 5 Ford dealers competing in the same markets. $Click $Click $Click

Lotlinx is way to overrated and backed by trusted vendors that also resell the product. You can triple your ROI with great seo, and also building and optimizing your own niche sites.

dERLERrFresh is known to be a trusted source.

Lotlinx and Haystack was not very effective with any of our dealers we worked with and they no longer use them.

Haystack for one don't give their clients exclusivity, and they will sign up 5 Ford dealers competing in the same markets. $Click $Click $Click

Lotlinx is way to overrated and backed by trusted vendors that also resell the product. You can triple your ROI with great seo, and also building and optimizing your own niche sites.

C'mon Manny, that's the biggest vendor SPAM post i've seen in a while.

SEO is one of the marketing tools, it's not the ONLY tool. IMO, anyone that relies on SEO alone is as smart as a Ford Dealer that ONLY sells F150 King Ranch. Sure, you've got great gross, but, you've missed 10 thousand other profitable opportunities.

SEO is one golf club in the bag.

Reactions: 1 person
C'mon Manny, that's the biggest vendor SPAM post i've seen in a while.

SEO is one of the marketing tools, it's not the ONLY tool. IMO, anyone that relies on SEO alone is as smart as a Ford Dealer that ONLY sells F150 King Ranch. Sure, you've got great gross, but, you've missed 10 thousand other profitable opportunities.

SEO is one golf club in the bag.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I'm not fishing for clients. I don't know how most people define SEO. It's really just marketing your products online to be found.

They're many good company's that can help dealers do this.

But It is the truth. As a matter of fact, this can be done with a dealer.com site.

As far as SEM, I would love to hear your advice.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I'm not fishing for clients. I don't know how most people define SEO. It's really just marketing your products online to be found.

They're many good company's that can help dealers do this.

But It is the truth. As a matter of fact, this can be done with a dealer.com site.

As far as SEM, I would love to hear your advice.

I admire your passion Manny. Here comes some of mine...

From the dealer's digital marketing manager's (DMM) perspective:

#1). PPC and organic are team mates competing for the same SERP click. I'd compare rankings and traffic from SEO and PPC. I'd create a battle plan where, on Keywords (KW) that SEO dominates, I'd reduce PPC bids and then track the impact (goal: reduced PPC spending has a small impact to KW traffic).

#2). I'd study the top KW's where PPC is dominating*. To decide which KW's to attack, I'd create a simple table that listed all PPC dominator KW's, then I'd have the SEO team attack those KWs that had the lowest SERP page one competition (strategy formula: SEO team attacks the best PPC KW's with the LOWEST SERP competition. This should produce the highest SEO team ROI).

#2a). Weeks to months later, when the SEO team has got those PPC KW's covered, I'd repeat the cycle again.

#3). Next challenge, from the DMM's perspective, both SEO and PPC should be pointing to the same page. All highly ranked SEO pages should have a superior PPC QS (Quality Score). Superior QS should always result in lower PPC $CPC's.

#4). While that SEO/PPC cycle is going on, I'd be doing a studies of "landing page behavior" with a goal to improve on page performance (higher VDP engagement, lower bounce, etc). Split testing landing page concepts will help sell more cars without spending a dime more in ad monies. If the DMM is using Dealer.com, split testing for desktop and mobile is included. If you're not using Dealer.com, inexpensive split testing solutions are all around Which split-testing software should you use? | Conversion Rate Experts, they're not expensive, are easy to install very powerful and are easy use. (optimizely.com is my favorite)

Summary: SEO is one golf club in the bag. Winners use ALL the clubs to win the game (not just their favorites)

*PPC dominator study incl's: SEO difficulty (i.e. SERP page one competition), impressions, CTR, bounce rate, % VDPs, etc

Reactions: 2 people