• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

City Twist email marketing

Ryan, please don't forget to share your experience once you've have a few months to test our their service.

So here is my opinion on Cititwist. We just put our participation with them on hold for the moment. We haven't seen that much of ROI but that may be from our own doing. We are using it for 3 of our dealerships and we are breaking our ad down to three squares. Inside each square, each store can advertise two vehicles. It kind of mirrors what we have in our newspaper ad so there really isn't much "Call to Action". No one is going to "Print the ad" and bring it in, and our return emails haven't been strong. Are people seeing the email and then walking in? Possibly. I just suggested to my boss that maybe we should remove the Car ads and make it coupons. $1,000 off any vehicle purchase, 6 Free Oil Changes w/ a purchase, etc.... Something where it's worth it for the potential customer to view it and bring it in. I open my Kohl's emails because I know that there is a 25% coupon inside. I wouldn't care to open a Kohl's email if they sent me an email that said, "Hey, towels are $6.99 each". I know that, they are everywhere!

Ryan, please don't forget to share your experience once you've have a few months to test our their service.

So here is my opinion on Cititwist. We just put our participation with them on hold for the moment. We haven't seen that much of ROI but that may be from our own doing. We are using it for 3 of our dealerships and we are breaking our ad down to three squares. Inside each square, each store can advertise two vehicles. It kind of mirrors what we have in our newspaper ad so there really isn't much "Call to Action". No one is going to "Print the ad" and bring it in, and our return emails haven't been strong. Are people seeing the email and then walking in? Possibly. I just suggested to my boss that maybe we should remove the Car ads and make it coupons. $1,000 off any vehicle purchase, 6 Free Oil Changes w/ a purchase, etc.... Something where it's worth it for the potential customer to view it and bring it in. I open my Kohl's emails because I know that there is a 25% coupon inside. I wouldn't care to open a Kohl's email if they sent me an email that said, "Hey, towels are $6.99 each". I know that, they are everywhere!

Ryan, did you start back up with City Twist?

Anyone else have any experience with City Twist they can share (other than there sales pitch techniques)?

Ryan Give us the dets! If you are willing to share the details.. Would LOVE to see just what the open rate was, and the click through rate.. And the amount sent. I'm about to send out another 15K e-mail blast from my own "methods", Prev one saw 22% open rate, 4% CTR, with 10K sent. Oh and these are untargeted too, just by city.. Not using CityTwist or any other company. E-mail marketing goes hard, seeing a very nice # of sales/calls/leads.

Also does CityTwist let you see the e-mail opens mapped out? (My mailer software does) That is a huge factor... I don't think I could trust a company that wouldn't share that info. Never know where those e-mails are going to as city targeted e-mails are a pain to snag.

Ok.. My rep. got back to me and here is the details that they sent me. This is for 3 drops ranging from 9/13 - 10/12. These are sent to conquest customers that are in the market to buy. The grand total is:

29,817 emails sent
335 opens (1.12%)
71 Click throughs (21.19%)

According to their stats we sold 50 cars from them so far. The sold numbers are never completely accurate but I do think they do a good job for us. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Reactions: 1 person
We got 5 calls in one day, they talked to every manager in the building at least once. The GM had me listen to their pitch so they would stop - I did - and then told them we were not interested, to remove us from their list. A different person called 2 hours later & asked for me to do the "10 min" show again - I told them I had just giving my "10 min" + 25 more and we were not interested. When they called 1-3 more times every day for the next week, I went to their site and called the "Dealer line" 877.298.2489 or 866.942.2489 & told them that if they were to be considered at any time in our future, the calls had to stop. The lady protested but said she'd try. They have not called back.
I don't want to sound harsh, but any company with even less communication than we already have probably won't be able to help us.
:2cents:

I hang up on city twist. They are the only vendor that gets it, and they deserve it.

These are my experiences as well, except for the part about the calls stopping. I still get at least two calls a month and my General Managers get called relentlessly. If they can't respect me as a prospect, why would I expect differently as a customer?

Reactions: 1 person