• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Clickmotive VS DealerCom

Several years ago, the group changed to Dealer.com websites. I saw an immediate improvement in my conversion rate using the existing content (pictures, descriptions, pricing etc.).

Manufacturers are going to push the dealers to either use their approved website or force you to have a site that looks exactly like your competitors. They love conformity.

Sam a lot of it would depend on where your dealership is located. Are you part of GS Toyota? If so there are a number of benefits you would have to sticking with click motive because of the relationship they have with GS Marketing. If you are not part of Gulf States I would really try to look at a few more choices DealerOn, Dealer Fire, and VinSolutions. Since you have our CRM there are some significant advantages to looking at our website based on VinLens and CRM integration in the system.

Sam a lot of it would depend on where your dealership is located. Are you part of GS Toyota? If so there are a number of benefits you would have to sticking with click motive because of the relationship they have with GS Marketing. If you are not part of Gulf States I would really try to look at a few more choices DealerOn, Dealer Fire, and VinSolutions. Since you have our CRM there are some significant advantages to looking at our website based on VinLens and CRM integration in the system.

Hi Shawn,

Yup - were part of GST so we have Clickmotive and DealerCom as our only options. As far as the relationship between GSM and Clickmotive, GSM is a reseller basically, but any other services we use them for are not connected to the website situation. GST approved DealerCom as a preferred website provider and so any advantages that come with Clickmotive are now also available through DealerCom.

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it!

It has taken Clickmotive 45 days to get a simple PPC campaign live for our stores. I will update this post on the results, hoping they are justified.

In internet years 45 days is like an eon.

I'd never recommenced using a dealer service provider, especially a website provider for SEO or PPC. There maybe 1-2 that are good, but I've yet to see anyone doing SEO/PPC on professional, expert, advanced levels. Dealers don't really require that much, and don't know enough about it, so I can see why there's a gap from beginner basic work to advanced complex work. Also you can get a PPC campaign running in 24 hours or less, depending on ad approval, 45 days? That's just insane..

It has taken Clickmotive 45 days to get a simple PPC campaign live for our stores. I will update this post on the results, hoping they are justified.

In internet years 45 days is like an eon.

I agree with kcar, Jarrett. There is probably not much you're going to gain by having one of these vendors handle your PPC. Let me put it this way, if you're paying 299 to 399/mo, you're hardly getting anything worthwhile IMO.

Casting a wider net, I've never seen a dealer-vendor perform SEO or SEM or PPC for a dealership in a way that would even come close to impressing any respectable hacker. By "hacker" I mean those people with deep experience in the ways of SEO, etc. - (white hat techniques only.) Part of my background is in affiliate marketing so it's easy for me to start ranking in the top 10 for most keywords in a short period of time (within a month or two) in any market. And I'm talking major keyword like 2013 Honda Civic (insert city name), etc. This point is more of a reply to something kcar wrote recently and I agree with him completely. SEO, SERP, SEM skills are laughably deficient at the overwhelming majority of dealerships. And if you want to hire somebody to do this, I mean do it right, it costs way more than 399 a month or whatever. I can go on and on about this.

Back to Clickmotive Vs. DealerCom, I don't know. At this point, it's totally 6 of 1 or a half dozen of the other (Did I really just use a saying that my Dad says? lol). Thanks for the reality check, kcar and good luck, Jarrett. (My advice, get a refund and spend one or two nights reading up or asking questions here - PPC is deep, but for whatever amount you're paying Clickmotive, you can probably do that level of work yourself.)