• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CoBalt and ADP equals Ralph getting nice

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
I totally understand Ralph's need to change tones, but I also wanted to point it out because it is :lmao: (sorry Ralph, but here's a little link juice).

DUMPING Cobalt, designing from scratch, advice on new demo site? - Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community (ADM)

the new Ralph responding to a very oooooooold thread about CoBalt on ADM said:
VJ,

In a comment I posted last December 29th, I wrote:
“If I were to become the President or CEO of the Cobalt Group… I would become your biggest fan and cheerleader!â€

There was other content in the post but given that the company I have worked for over the last four years, ADP, intends to acquire Cobalt, I thought it best to not include ALL of my comments.

Rather, I am hoping that with ADP in charge we might get the best of both companies – Cobalt technology that I have praised on several occassions, (I especially like the GM dealer Digital Advertising enrollment site) and ADP management that has always kept the interests of dealerships front and center... The same management team that has had the vision to allow me to initiate and lead development of industry leading programs around digital marketing consulting, digital advertising and social media marketing.

Maybe we might see something even more: a fusion of OEM efforts and dealership efforts in the areas of website technology, digital advertising and social media.

Of course this is an object lesson, yesterday’s critics may become today’s allies.

Anyways, I hope you know I have always been a fan of you and the style in which you get things done. The ADP acquisition of The Cobalt Group gets me VERY excited around several areas of opportunity, but to find myself on the same team with VJ is a major bonus from the deal!

Ralph

Seems fine to me...don't get me wrong I think the Cobalt websites being forced on GM dealers is a complete joke but that doesn't mean that Cobalt doesn't do good business in other areas.

I would say that their are some great advantages to the acquisition for all sides including dealers.