• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Companies for SEO Overhaul on Website

I dont know of anyone thats Turnkey for SEO stand alone. CDK maybe. I do know the list of Turnkey for Search only says "Search" next to their name it doesn't say what kind of search.

CDK Global
Dealer E Process
Local Spectrum
Naked Lime
Search Optics
Showroom Logic

I don't mean to tick anyone off here, however, I'd avoid using any of the corporate SEO services. You are just a number to them. Their SEO services are basic (at best) and generally speaking new algorithmic changes take them forever to introduce (it's just the way they are built).

Generally speaking, they're unable to scale quickly enough and they don't pay particular attention to your SEO needs. That's been my experience, which is why many dealerships have two sites or use a 3rd party SEO squad to maintain their corporate / OEM dictated site.

Hey for fun, use http://www.copyscape.com and look at the big boy web platforms (w/ SEO) and their duplicate content strategy, just on home page content alone. It's sad...

We can sit around and act like we're not trying to take advantage of Google's algorithm (would be a lie), but the fact of the matter, they change it up because SEO groups get VERY GOOD at manipulating it for organic ranking purposes. Google (I was just out there) is quite happy fiddling with their algorithm for "best practice" reasons, but in reality, they just want to convolute the ranking equation process in order to get you to BUY more of their PAID AD space. Now that the space (itself) has been limited, it's even more competitive.

BTW, don't get me wrong, there is NOTHING wrong with fundamental SEO work and choosing quality web platforms (Dealer Inspire, Dealer Fire, DealerOn, DealerX, fusionZone, etc.). However, let's not lie to ourselves about the manner in which many SEO groups attempt to get ahead of competitors through gray and dark gray hat SEO techniques outside of core fundamental work and quality platform provisions. I am not saying anyone here or their vendors do that, BTW.

What does Google want? They want relevant, real content on the internet that people want to read and tell other people about. If Google doesn’t bring you the most relevant content when you search, they aren’t doing their job. So by definition, even the word Search Engine Optimization (SEO) means to “game” the Google search engines (and others) to get your valuable content ranked higher than it would be if left alone to the forces of the Web. The bottom line is that all external SEO efforts are counterfeit other than: writing, designing, recording, or videoing real and relevant content that benefits those who search, within a quality user experience.