#RefreshFriday Connected TV is taking Digital Advertising by Storm.

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
RefreshFriday - HootInteractive w: Tom Park and Peter Jones - HootInteractive.png

This #RefreshFriday: Connected TV is taking Digital Advertising by Storm.

We sit down with Tom Park of Tom Park Media Group and Peter Jones Sr. Director of Premion, both representing Hoot Interactive to discuss how the traditional cable TV landscape is quickly being transformed and what dealerships need to know about this huge shift in video/TV advertising.

What exactly is CTV, OTT and DSP?
What should I ask when talking to an OTT vendor?
How does the technology work with connected TV?
.. a few questions that’s going to be answered.

If you have any questions yourself, feel free to post them below before we get started. If you have a question during the LIVE show on FB, use the comments to post your questions and most likely we will ask at that time.

Here is the recording of today's...

Which is why I produced the world's first Smart TV platform auto marketplace, but the ad streams just weren't there early and still aren't. When Tier 1, 2 and 3 start to push their content via platforms such as Roku, then there's a market for me. I've already had discussions with many Tier 2's and three Tier 1's. Dealers will follow their lead (no pun intended). Take note, I didn't put a spammy hyperlink in this response, unlike many here.

Any information on best practice for measurement of ROI on this "channel"? Proposal today from a "Connected TV" provider had the price per impression at $0.04. I'm a penny per on web impressions but these are non-skippable 30's. Thoughts?

Any information on best practice for measurement of ROI on this "channel"? Proposal today from a "Connected TV" provider had the price per impression at $0.04. I'm a penny per on web impressions but these are non-skippable 30's. Thoughts?

How do you measure ROI on your current traditional channels? Same general philosophy with one exception...OTT ads can click thru to your website/landing pages and measured with analytics to track conversions and such. These will be relatively low #'s in relation to your overall CTV buy, but I expect them to grow as the tech evolves.

If you don't mind me asking, who (if anyone) are you using to run your display campaigns?

Depends on what you're attempting to measure specifically. There are analytics tools (Google Analytics will surely play into this at some point) out there that do it such as https://softcrylic.com/over-the-top-content-analytics-platform-and-services/ and https://www.jumptvs.com/jump-insights. As for average KPI metrics and benchmarks, it doesn't seem well defined as of yet.

I like Softcrylic's TapestryKPI
ott-analytics-over-the-top-content.jpg