• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Creative use of Car Pics.

Some third-party marketplace sites already use "AI" image detection to automatically re-arrange photos to their preferred order and sometimes even exclude certain photos.

So, my concern would be if this tactic becomes popular among dealers that third-party marketplaces could too easily re-homogenize the SRP and eliminate any competitive advantage.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
my concern would be if this tactic becomes popular among dealers that third-party marketplaces could too easily re-homogenize the SRP and eliminate any competitive advantage.

COMMUNISTS! :flame:

TY for the heads up Ryan. I'll keep an eye on it.
We internet pioneers know the taste the victory being 1st to market, and we know the advantage vanishes once the dealer body catches up (yrs later).

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Using a whiteboard looks 10x better than removing the background (green screen) of the location where the photo was taken and substituting it with a fake background, potentially with some messaging. It is virtually impossible to create an organic looking scene that properly recreates shadows and light reflections. Being shiny, cars naturally reflect the background, so when it is substituted, photos look unauthentic and suspicions. Using a white board and placing messaging on them will result in much more honest-looking images.

Reactions: joe.pistell
Take a look at this photo. A close look. What is wrong with it? It is an honest, high resolution photo. But does it sell the car? What do I see as a buyer? The screen is disgustingly filthy. It takes no more than 45 seconds to take a microfiber towel, spray the screen and the shiny black panel below it with some cheap glass cleaner, and make it perfect before taking a photo. Taking a step further, it takes another 5 second to blow compressed air around the screen and remove all dust, so visible against the black plastic in this high-resolution photo. No amount of creative overlays highlighting amazing features of this entertainment unit will help overcome the unpleasant feeling of looking at someone else's fingerprints or pieces of dust.

Attachments

• cu-18.jpeg
    cu-18.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 11
Take a look at this photo. A close look. What is wrong with it? It is an honest, high resolution photo. But does it sell the car? What do I see as a buyer? The screen is disgustingly filthy. It takes no more than 45 seconds to take a microfiber towel, spray the screen and the shiny black panel below it with some cheap glass cleaner, and make it perfect before taking a photo. Taking a step further, it takes another 5 second to blow compressed air around the screen and remove all dust, so visible against the black plastic in this high-resolution photo. No amount of creative overlays highlighting amazing features of this entertainment unit will help overcome the unpleasant feeling of looking at someone else's fingerprints or pieces of dust.
Absolutely. Knowledge of the photographer also matters. In worst situation this very picture from a slightly different height and rotation with quick camera lighting adjustment can hide the dust and marks.

Reactions: joe.pistell

Good catch. I would always keep a micro-fiber cloth in my back pocket while taking photos.

Some third-party marketplace sites already use "AI" image detection to automatically re-arrange photos to their preferred order and sometimes even exclude certain photos.

So, my concern would be if this tactic becomes popular among dealers that third-party marketplaces could too easily re-homogenize the SRP and eliminate any competitive advantage.

AI is also used on particular listing sites to BLUR out overlays and backdrops that include your dealerships name and phone number. :321:

Speaking of @jscole86's team work, the vehicle feature comments are amazing, they reveal his commitment to kicking his competitors asses ;-)

Used 2019 Chevrolet Traverse LT​

https://www.drivehuebner.com/used/Chevrolet/2019-Chevrolet-Traverse-006b65080a0e094a1fe4dfadda7b0369.htm

About This Vehicle​

--- 7-PASSENGER!! --- ONE OWNER!! --- HEATED SEATS --- REMOTE START!! --- 2ND ROW CAPTAIN CHAIRS --- POWER LIFTGATE --- NEW INFOTAINMENT 3 SYSTEM --- 8" TOUCHSCREEN --- REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT --- LANE CHANGE ALERT W/BLIND SPOT --- REAR PARK ASSIST --- APPLE CARPLAY/ANDROID AUTO --- 18" ALLOY WHEELS --- ZERO ACCIDENTS! ---

We have on our lot a VERY NICE, 2019 Chevy Traverse LT with ONLY 44,193 miles! This beautiful 7 passenger, Pepperdust Metallic SUV comes with sharp looking Jet Black cloth interior and has the Convenience and Driver Confidence Pkg! For power, it has a redesigned 3.6L V6 engine and a 9-speed automatic transmission and ALL-Wheel-Drive, resulting in up to 25 MPG!

The Convenience and Driver Confidence Pkg adds heated front seats, remote start, and power rear liftgate. It also includes some active safety features: lane change alert w/blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert and rear parking sensors in addition to the backup camera.

This Traverse includes 18" Bright Silver Painted Aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, LED Daytime running lights, roof rails, chrome tip dual exhaust, fog lights, and body colored, heated, and power adjustable outside mirrors.

It also comes with power adjustable driver seat, keyless access with push-button start, and tri-zone automatic climate control. You get room for 7 with the second-row captain chairs and 3rd row bench seat.

For entertainment, you get the NEW, Chevy Infotainment 3 System that features an 8" touchscreen with Bluetooth, smartphone integration, voice controls, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. This lets you organize and integrate your technology while on the road. It also comes with Teen Driver Technology and 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity (terms apply)!

This is a beautiful, FAMILY READY, 2019 Traverse that's just getting started. Come in for a no pressure test driver today!!​

Josh and his team rocks :bow: 100% DISC thinking (i.e. f*ck lead gen)

We're experimenting with AI generated car photos. You give it a transparent png cutout of the car, tell it the scene you want, and then magic!

Where does it go from here? We train it on the dealership lot and/or local monuments for vehicle placements. We improve the overall look so its not so artistic/illustrated looking. We include text overlays and/or logo as well (current exists with our existing system).

Attached are a few examples where we took a dealer photo and then automatically cut out the background and place the vehicle in country, snow, and urban settings.

Attachments

• 5q0xh66lu2btzfz5co6bwmckgt1m.jpeg
    5q0xh66lu2btzfz5co6bwmckgt1m.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 67t6ygz33y2tceo3sjslrekthhtb.jpeg
    67t6ygz33y2tceo3sjslrekthhtb.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
  • a5ryr0nsi9m540bvhicbcvewumja.jpeg
    a5ryr0nsi9m540bvhicbcvewumja.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 5
  • l84sy2k1qldskesxztdp04inqcrm.jpeg
    l84sy2k1qldskesxztdp04inqcrm.jpeg