• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Creative use of Car Pics.

The white board takes a lot of work, but, it'll have a lot of impact in the right places.
1666975032537.png
Use it on your Home page, model specific product page, managers specials units and F&I page, about us pages too. The text you see is a simple overlay , use this free tool: https://www.photopea.com/

In this lead gen obsessed world, we car guys know something our tech vendors refuse to acknowledge... a ton of shoppers arrive at the store with lots of questions that the internet can't answer for them. IMO, a majority of shoppers that are deeeep in the funnel WANT a human to help them untangle all of the variables and get them into a new ride.

Do you agree? So, adding friendly staff into the car shots can melt the hearts of worriers and get them to call or show up.

Last edited:
Love the idea of using a white board. Sure does stick out and could be used to build value. The only issue being efficiency. Even with all the technology, I'm not aware of there being a way to auto-generate without it looking janky.
I agree that it's time consuming, but if you think about all the time that goes into selling a car, it's not all that significant.
You could spend an extra 15 minutes per car improving the photos like this and it would increase your CTR, probably more than anything else you can do in 15 minutes and no cost.

@craigh NAILS the Merchandising strategy!

If a car shopper in in market for 93 days, and a dealership has limited human resources, brings me this this question...

What will deliver more ROI?
  1. Manpower chasing endless CRM tasks on out of market shoppers/customers?
  2. Going all in, working every angle possible to make a memorable visit to that 'in-market' shopper
Coming Soon: "Uncle Joe's diary" thread will be working #2 VERY hard

Reactions: craigh
Hello,

I'm not a car dealer but I've been looking for people asking this exact question!
I photograph virtual tours, and I'm offering this 'outside of the box' idea to dealerships...

This is a full 360° virtual tour of a car I photographed.
- You can walk all around the car
- Climb in and out
- Drive it in a VR video
- Open & close the doors
- Open information boxes
- Hear the engine

Try the virtual car tour here:

Website / video promo:

If you know any UK dealerships that might be interested I'd be glad to talk to them.
[email protected]

Thanks

Rick

Attachments

• Audi A4 2.jpg
    Audi A4 2.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 1
Hey Uncle @joe.pistell, been a while. I hope you've been well!

Are you adding these to a list of "just the car" shots, or is the intent to replace all "just the car" shots with "car and people pics?"

Couple thoughts/questions for you:
  1. I'd bet this will work on marketplaces because it is different. Remember years ago when we discussed switching the hero from driver's 3/4 to passengers 3/4? There was a compelling narrative that the consumer's eye wanted to know where the car was headed not where it'd been and aiming the car at the description made them read it and pick your car out of SRP. That makes sense to me, but I believe the early adopters saw success because they were different. Sesame Street taught us to identify the outlier. If you're over 40 you are about to sing the next sentence. "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong." Here you Millennials, I googled it for you: ;)
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQYqJq-4XQ
  2. For decades now we've said in online merchandising that "the car is the star." You are always on the front end of the market. Do you see a paradigm shift on the horizon? These pictures scream "EXPERIENCE" to me. Do you think our merchandising efforts should be shifting so that "the experience is the star?"
  3. I imagine that the CV background removal teams are sweating profusely reading this thread. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: joe.pistell