• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CRM. More bad than good?

We have tried them all! DS, Elead, ADP, now we are on CRM Suite being marketed as Dominion Vision. It does away with assigned tasks and utilizes customer buckets by age of original contact. A different approach indeed but still garbage in equals garbage out. Their reporting makes it hard to get the simple ups/presentation/write-up/sold etc. unless you use their desking tool which cant do a lease correctly. It still comes down to sales people entering the right amount of info for a manger to help them make a deal. Our manufacturer mandates access to CRM systems to tell you how to run your business and they tie money to it of course. I think CRM's try to be all things to all people and they get lost in code.

It's tough when a tool makes a relatively simple process complicated; what happens is you end-up serving the tool vs. serving the process and customer. And then you hate the tool, stop using it, and CRM Roulette continues.

But don't feel bad... that wheel has been spinning for about 20 years now, and you're not alone.

Many of the CRMs were built 15-20 years ago. That's some pretty old code. It's kinda like going back to Yahoo when it was popular. Now there is Google. Many of us don't use Yahoo right? Why? It's too much. Take that mentality and look for "modern" CRMs. They are out there. Get sales involved and make them feel part of the process. After all, you expect them to use it.

I love all the CRMs I have used in my career. Sorry, but it's true. I invest my time to get better everyday at the tool my company invests in for me to make more money. :)

Reactions: mikesayre
We have tried them all! DS, Elead, ADP, now we are on CRM Suite being marketed as Dominion Vision. It does away with assigned tasks and utilizes customer buckets by age of original contact. A different approach indeed but still garbage in equals garbage out. Their reporting makes it hard to get the simple ups/presentation/write-up/sold etc. unless you use their desking tool which cant do a lease correctly. It still comes down to sales people entering the right amount of info for a manger to help them make a deal. Our manufacturer mandates access to CRM systems to tell you how to run your business and they tie money to it of course. I think CRM's try to be all things to all people and they get lost in code.

Ed, what do you mean when you say that your current CRM can't figure a lease correctly? Do you mean that the actual calculations are incorrect, or that the Residual, LMF, Incentives are not accurate? I don't use any of the CRM's you mentioned. Just wondering.