• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer.com and inline CSS

What you need is called "Advanced Composer Access". There is an agreement that will need to be filled out that essentially absolves DDC of anything you might destroy with the enhanced access. It will also give you access to limited JavaScript functionality.

Your DDC rep should be able to assist you with getting it set up.
Thanks! I didn't realize you had that option. I will ask ECarlist if they have something similar

Very easy solution, works on every platform available. Google Tag Manager.

Once the GTM tag is added to your DDC site you can create a tag to load your custom CSS, no need to bother with speaking to anyone about permissions. Simple, free and solves the problem. We do it on 4 different platforms, it's painless.

Custom HTML Tag (fire it on ever page if you like) and the tag content is your CSS definition. People load your site, and the custom CSS, problem solved.

Reactions: 2 people
Very easy solution, works on every platform available. Google Tag Manager.

Once the GTM tag is added to your DDC site you can create a tag to load your custom CSS, no need to bother with speaking to anyone about permissions. Simple, free and solves the problem. We do it on 4 different platforms, it's painless.

Custom HTML Tag (fire it on ever page if you like) and the tag content is your CSS definition. People load your site, and the custom CSS, problem solved.

The solution we employ is similar, it just doesn't require that tag.
Just use the meta tags area of the Site Editor.

The solution we employ is similar, it just doesn't require that tag.
Just use the meta tags area of the Site Editor.

That works too! I prefer it out of the hands of someone else though (in this case DDC), so GTM is where we place it (also allows to load custom CSS on specific pages, rather than global-only).

Both great work-arounds.

The meta tag editor lets you handle different meta tags for each page.
Just go to the page you want to edit, load the meta tag editor, and then edit it as follows:

Code:
META TAGS HERE
[COLOR=#ff0000]"> [/COLOR]
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://YOURSERVER.com/customddc/PAGENAME.css" />
<script src="http://YOURSERVER.com/customddc/PAGENAME.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
[COLOR=#008000]<meta type="author" content="BOGUS CONTENT[/COLOR]

What happens then is that DDC loads in your meta tags, closes the meta tag (highlighted in red), then lets you open any meta tags you want and they all get placed into the <head> of your page. Then just make sure you open a new bogus meta tag (highlighted in green) so that the source code still remains compliant (lol - have you seen DDC source code?)

Last edited:
There seems to be one issue with using GTM that I keep running into, which has been somewhat of a theme in this thread. We are,apparently, a Chrysler "Tier 3" dealer, which means we are severely limited with what we are able to do. This includes scripting, which I believe is how GTM is integrated, yes? We are not allowed access to the Advanced Composer, according to our Rep.

There seems to be one issue with using GTM that I keep running into, which has been somewhat of a theme in this thread. We are,apparently, a Chrysler "Tier 3" dealer, which means we are severely limited with what we are able to do. This includes scripting, which I believe is how GTM is integrated, yes? We are not allowed access to the Advanced Composer, according to our Rep.

Can you access the meta tag editor?
If not, there's still a few other places to work with. V9 plugged 6 of the holes I used to use, but they weren't the only 6.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Be careful with OEM compliance. You might find a way around to do what you want to do, however, OEM's review your sites periodically to make sure everything is compliant. I suggest you get a hold of Jeep Chrysler brand standards and learn exactly what you can or cannot do before you spin your wheels to much

GTM is implemented using a tag which references some javascript and an iframe. It's like adding Google Analytics code to a website. You get the GTM tag from Google and ask DDC to add it to your site.

We have plenty of DDC dealers with GTM installed on it. If they won't then that's another issue. Cobalt will not allow the addion of GTM because they know you can do things like inject your own CSS (on GM sites here in Canada).

Just ask if you they will add it for you. It's for setting up tracking tags, remarketing, chat, etc.