• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer Mouth (Get Your Salespeople Involved)

Employees are the key to social networking.
Stop trying to make a social network on your dealership's website with
Facebook and Twitter accounts. If the stats on word of mouth marketing
and social networking are correct, your dealership already has it's
own HUGE social network inside the dealership, your employees. They
are the key to your success in social networking. 80% of their friends
will trust their opinion in products and services. Focusing on your
employees social networks will and can put your dealership's messages,
vehicles and services in front of 4,000 of their friends tomorrow.
The average Facebook user has 200+ friends. If your dealership has 100
employees and only 20 of them use Facebook and/or Twitter, there are
your 4,000 friends. Because I'm a car guy and you only want to believe
half of what I'm saying, that's still 2,000 friends. The average
dealership Facebook fan page has 150 fans that turned off their
Facebook emails because your spamming their Facebook account with
boring factory video's and updates. Team dealerMouth

BUMP!

A member was asking about individual websites and it reminded me of this thread and the DealerMouth service.

What's going on with DealerMouth? I have not heard much about this service since we talked about it in this thread awhile back.

Thanks for remembering dealerMouth Jeff
dealerMouth's think tank and programmers have been very hard at work keeping up with the amount of technology our now 300+ sales people are asking for. The dealer base growth has been slow but that's definitely not a bad thing. We have been focusing on what our current forward thinking social marketing dealers have been asking for. One of our dealers that has been with us since the 2010 NADA show has already driven over 47K visits to their 27 sales peoples web sites with 657 leads. That dealer also has made their dealerships home website very social by asking their visitors to shop for a sales person and directing them to their sales persons personal websites to build rapport.
We have had a few comments about the dealerMouth.com site being vague. We mean no harm or to mislead in anyway. We are just staying laser focused to our marketing strategies in finding dealers that believe in placing focus back where it belongs: on relationships, not price and giving their salespeople the tools to stay connected.
Basically dealerMouth will only be looking for the sharp tools in the tool shed

BUMP!

A member was asking about individual websites and it reminded me of this thread and the DealerMouth service.

What's going on with DealerMouth? I have not heard much about this service since we talked about it in this thread awhile back.

Thanks for remembering dealerMouth Jeff...
We have had a few comments about the dealerMouth.com site being vague. We mean no harm or to mislead... We are just staying laser focused to our marketing strategies in finding dealers ...
...dealerMouth will only be looking for the sharp tools in the tool shed

Let's see... if I don't look at your service, that means I must be dull.

I agree that SM is best done at the sales rep level, but every statement you make past that is empty bullsh*t. I can toss 10 pre-teen girls into a room and create "social content".

It's clear that your terrified that others will steal your model, but, You're working with less than 20 dealers. What's costing you more... your fear of others or others stealing your model?

I hope your at NADA. We'll be there and you're not on our list. <--that was a marketing puzzle I just tossed at you!

dealerMouth - Jeff Sterns
dealerMouth - Steve Gurreill
dealerMouth - Phil Perry
dealerMouth - Jay Smithweck
dealerMouth - Rob Elder
dealerMouth - Tom McQueen

And then i find this :

2 Comments
Torrey
February 21st, 2010
So DealerMouth?
Create Micro Sites for each sales rep?
I thought this was an SEO no-no?
>search engines do not want to see multiple sites with similar or the duplicate content.. (The Problem with Multiple Websites and Duplicate Content )
Issues… downgrade your rankings on search engines… search engines will pick only one page for the duplicate content… stop indexing dealership main pages? Remove dealership from index as this is considered Black Hat SEO.
Does a dealer really want his sales rep to have his main SEO keyword searches going to the sales rep page or the dealership page?
Seems this is poorly thought out. If you want special pages for a rep… just give it to them on the main web site? We have all seen those meet the dealership – where most of them are BLANK… do you really thing sales reps are able to do this? I don’t see it now on those web systems that have a “meet our teamâ€. Most of those have an “under construction†notice on them.
Not sure I get this?
Give’em a Facebook or Twitter account if they have something to say… but not a competing web site in their local market.
What am I missing here?
(FYI- no pitch here but…Offers Network (icarsandtrucks, autodealermls, utubeautos) helps dealers create YouTube videos of dealer inventory and also post to Facebook and Twitter… thus giving them legal back links to their web site and enhancing their overall SEO in a market.)

So ... will it help us or hurt us?

Duplicate content is a myth...Google prefers fresh and new content but it will still settle for dups. Been using dup content microsites for years to shoot me to the top of every local ranking I wanted to be in. Yes it is black hat, but I could care less, my boss could care less and it's not illegal. Just taking advantage of the system and if you're not using SOME SORT of blackhat you will fall behind in your search engine rankings in 2011 due to the mass amount of free SEO/SEM content on the net and every computer user in the world thinking if you link your website in your forum signature you will get your #1 ranking. That's now how it works and you will be waiting a long time to get to the #1 spot.:hello:

Let's see... if I don't look at your service, that means I must be dull.

I agree that SM is best done at the sales rep level, but every statement you make past that is empty bullsh*t. I can toss 10 pre-teen girls into a room and create "social content".

It's clear that your terrified that others will steal your model, but, You're working with less than 20 dealers. What's costing you more... your fear of others or others stealing your model?

I hope your at NADA. We'll be there and you're not on our list. <--that was a marketing puzzle I just tossed at you!

Our original corp site layout was indeed intended to allow NADA to be the official unveiling.

Since, we have only worked with referred dealers as we have been approached by certain entities that have asked us to not promote until we get together ...or not. I'm sure it's for the same reasons we were low key until NADA when Automotive News names us among the 5 most "nifty" ideas at NADA.

We're not in "wholesale" social media fantasy land.

We do know however that large volume is done 1 deal at a time and 1 relationship at a time. The dealer can leverage this or keep advertising for new opps continuously.

We believe that people are still "shopping for a salesperson" and have some stats and sucess stories to support that.

Best thing since sliced bread or not, we can prove some incremental business and even ugly or adversarial situations that got turned around due to electronic rapport allowing the human aspect to come in when there was no chance prior.

There are general social aspects as well but that's just gravy to us.

We won't be at NADA due to some agreements that we have made.
Thank you and best luck there!:)

Duplicate content is a myth...Google prefers fresh and new content but it will still settle for dups. Been using dup content microsites for years to shoot me to the top of every local ranking I wanted to be in. Yes it is black hat, but I could care less, my boss could care less and it's not illegal. Just taking advantage of the system and if you're not using SOME SORT of blackhat you will fall behind in your search engine rankings in 2011 due to the mass amount of free SEO/SEM content on the net and every computer user in the world thinking if you link your website in your forum signature you will get your #1 ranking. That's now how it works and you will be waiting a long time to get to the #1 spot.:hello:
There are many theories and proven protocols. Regardless of opinions, we have indexing stats on or salespeople's sites after a few short months that equal and sometimes dwarf the dealer's original 10 year corp site.

We do have a method that started as a mad-scientist conversational idea between our CIT in Seattle and our developer in NY that was a bit of a leap that actually shocked us in a good way...a bit like flubber!

Thanks for the interest in this field! :)