• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer Mouth (Get Your Salespeople Involved)

Shereef

Boss
Jul 24, 2009
First Name
Shereef
Hello Everyone

Some very talented friends of mine just launched their new business after years of development. I think they are on to something big here, and I think it will help dealers that take advantage of it sell a lot more cars. They have created a great way for sales staff to market themselves and the dealership via the net with personal websites and social networking (all controlled by management), and added great features that make organized client and prospect communication a snap. Check out Dealer Mouth at Dealermouth - Home and let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
hagen85

Thanks for the post.

Being a little vague was by design. We believed we'd have a winner and did not want to shorten the learning curve for anyone to follow. Unfortunately doing that meant not being a tad "vague". The good news at NADA, there were people who had us on there spreadsheets and shopping lists because the site didn't give them enough info to cross us off! Please contact co-founder Jay directly anytime for a one on one demo. No disrespect intended.

Jay /dealerMouth 727-422-2080 [email protected]

Check out some of our videos we put together.
OrganicVid.com

Last edited:
It looks like a great concept. But the website wasn't very descriptive. So I'm left a little vague.:dunno:

I checked out the website last week with the same impression and I can see the reason behind the vagueness by design. Personally, don't like that approach. I think it's like not having photos of your inventory... even some screen shots would be nice. Whenever I visit a vendor, right or wrong, the first thing I do is look for the portfolio and I just blasted through the dealer mouth website, not seeing much and closed it out without giving it a second thought.

We're not always right but it was by design. We didn't want to shorten the learning curve to potential competitors. Now that the cat's out of the bag a site (in a BIG way), the site is being looked at as a better info source. How about this? Contact us for a demo and present thoughts for the "new" site. That would be awesome of the dealer community.

Do keep commenting. Your constructive comments can only help. We only want to be the best we can be!

Contact co-founder- [email protected] or 727-422-2080

Last edited:
dealerMouth - Jeff Sterns
dealerMouth - Steve Gurreill
dealerMouth - Phil Perry
dealerMouth - Jay Smithweck
dealerMouth - Rob Elder
dealerMouth - Tom McQueen

And then i find this :

2 Comments
Torrey
February 21st, 2010
So DealerMouth?
Create Micro Sites for each sales rep?
I thought this was an SEO no-no?
>search engines do not want to see multiple sites with similar or the duplicate content.. (The Problem with Multiple Websites and Duplicate Content )
Issues… downgrade your rankings on search engines… search engines will pick only one page for the duplicate content… stop indexing dealership main pages? Remove dealership from index as this is considered Black Hat SEO.
Does a dealer really want his sales rep to have his main SEO keyword searches going to the sales rep page or the dealership page?
Seems this is poorly thought out. If you want special pages for a rep… just give it to them on the main web site? We have all seen those meet the dealership – where most of them are BLANK… do you really thing sales reps are able to do this? I don’t see it now on those web systems that have a “meet our team”. Most of those have an “under construction” notice on them.
Not sure I get this?
Give’em a Facebook or Twitter account if they have something to say… but not a competing web site in their local market.
What am I missing here?
(FYI- no pitch here but…Offers Network (icarsandtrucks, autodealermls, utubeautos) helps dealers create YouTube videos of dealer inventory and also post to Facebook and Twitter… thus giving them legal back links to their web site and enhancing their overall SEO in a market.)

So ... will it help us or hurt us?

As far as hurting SEO, simple.. don't market those sites to search engines. The point of contact will be social networks for these sites. Something that the salesman can put on their business cards and vCards. You'll probably have a separate website that is more official for customers that want to buy from the business and don't have a specific salesman in mind anyway, so that will be your SEO monster.

dealerMouth provides is a consistent site template framework for each of the sales
person, service person or any "touchpoint" in a dealership. Through our own fun and easy to use tools in the dM app, a user can add their
own unique content to their site (which the dealer can have 100% control of). Content such as sold customer testimonials, blog posts and personal profile data.

The information that the sales users provide is unique, therefore so are the sites. The information that we submit to the search engines for indexing focuses
on the information that differentiates each person.

Here is real life sample. We just enrolled Dimmitt Chevy 2 weeks ago today. Please google "dimmitt chevy". On the first page, two saleperson's sites show up in organic results from Dimmitt displaying customer endorsements.

Does dealerMouth work? In a word, yes. Does dealerMouth provide SEO? Also, yes. Will dealerMouth hurt you? no. Will dealerMouth track your dM users "marketing efforts" in real time? Yes. Can dealerMouth provide reputation management? Yes.

NOTE: No selling was attempted here just the facts. PLEASE post more great comments. Thanks!

Last edited: