• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer sues customer over repair YouTube video

I was reading the comments on several of these articles, on this situation, and couldn't believe that people were outraged by this dealer suing a customer. They have no empathy because he is a dealer.

Heads you lose, tails you lose. In the court of public opinion, car people are scoundrels.

A head hunter once called me. In the middle of the conversation he asked, "have you ever worked in a legitimate business"? I felt like the girl you want to date but would never take home to mamma.

Maybe people will think twice what they say on the internet.

Had to read that twice.. :) That will never happen.

I think the dealer should have flooded the comments of the video with positive replies and a focus on the customer. Yeah the video looks like crap for the dealer and he got angry. But he screwed up because he's a big business suing a $600 customer for $25k. No matter how you look at it, every customer will look at that and say (regardless of what they think about the DashboardCAM guy) - They "might" screw me over but more importantly, if I challenge them (the dealer) on it they might sue me?!?!? They just cost themselves "some" business. Good news is, in 3-6 months Miley Cyrus will twerk again and no one will remember this. One good thing about the millennials that you despise. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Had to read that twice.. :) That will never happen.

I think the dealer should have flooded the comments of the video with positive replies and a focus on the customer. Yeah the video looks like crap for the dealer and he got angry. But he screwed up because he's a big business suing a $600 customer for $25k. No matter how you look at it, every customer will look at that and say (regardless of what they think about the DashboardCAM guy) - They "might" screw me over but more importantly, if I challenge them (the dealer) on it they might sue me?!?!? They just cost themselves "some" business. Good news is, in 3-6 months Miley Cyrus will twerk again and no one will remember this. One good thing about the millennials that you despise. :)

He is suing a man for defamation. Again, a carguy will never win in the court of public opinion.

I don't despise millennials. If you are 25 years old living at home, I'm not interested. If your main concern is how much time you get off, I'm not interested. There are still dealerships that are willing to pay for talent. They need money motivated people.