• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer websites with excellent User Experience

3. http://cars.dvg.com.au developed by RV Studio

-very strange website. it has no header neither footer
+the search is ok
+the inventory is huge
-can't compare models though
-no contact info at all

Gotta go, I'll finish my review next time

Thanks- this app actually gets embedded direct on the dealers website, so the header, footer and contact are the same as whatever site it's embedded on.

They are a dealer group and wanted to cross sell across multiple yards, and always show relevant similar vehicles when searching.

Interested to hear what kind of model comparison mechanism you would implement! Thanks.

I hear you about the stuck part, but that is a dead give away for a DDC site. Especially, with the three components below hero video. No active Vlog or Blog? What type of local or regional content are you applying to your site actively?

We have a media person who is SUPPOSED to be doing the blog, but isn't. So I'm trying different avenues of approach that I've yet to implement. As for local content, my plan is to start a page that concentrates solely on local businesses, not the national chains but true local businesses. I'm working on making things a reciprocal arrangement as well which is why I can't do national chains (it has to be as much a benefit to me as it is for them).

We are finding that the video pages are contributing to good scores with CSI. The biggest complaint customers have is that they weren't shown how their technology works. What is really happening is that they are being shown but that there is so much of it they can't comprehend it all. Making sure they know about all the "how-to" videos on our site is reducing those complaints on the survey AND it's also reducing the number of customer call-ins that can take up HOURS of time with the salesperson over the phone. And it's got the added benefit of people going on our site and clicking around, hopefully to have an effect on the analytics in a positive way.

Most importantly, for the customer it is being drilled in to their heads that our site is THE go-to website for questions or issues, and those tyes of impressions are invaluable.