• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

PR & News DealerBuilt buys Vistadash

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex

from the Autoremarketing Article said:
DealerBuilt highlighted Vistadash has a platform that brings a vast array of automotive marketing metrics into one single sign-on dashboard. It standardizes a dealer’s Google Analytics account, measuring data on an “apples to apples” comparison.

The company explained the platform can take data points from multiple sources, layer them together and create a condensed view. DealerBuilt noted that this process can expose “blind spots” and opportunities to improve the dealer’s marketing performance.

DealerBuilt mentioned that Vistadash’s platform is in high- demand and has quickly grown from 500 rooftops to more than 2,700 over the past three years.

Can anyone explain this one? The press release is all kinds of vague.

Brian Pasch / PCG originally sold VistaDash to CarWars in 2018. I believe his brother ran it with a developer team based in Ecuador. Made sense with Brian's background and mission of identifying advertising waste.

At the time, CallSource was touting a new analytics platform so they might have bought it in response to that. Now that CallRevu bought CallSource, they might not view it as being necessary.

And the upcoming sunsetting of Google Universal Analytics and GA4 replacement might have had something to do with it. GA4 sucks.

I know a lot of big groups like Lithia use VistaDash which I've never fully understood. Organizations that size should be able to build an in-house data warehouse and reporting platform. We're a fraction of the size and I've built an in-house data warehouse and reporting platform for our group using Funnel.io.

Reactions: Alex Snyder

Hosmer Automotive owns DealerBuilt. And I believe Hosmer is a client of VistaDash. (If you look at the source code of VistaDash's login page, it shows a list of historical clients lol)

So that seems to be the connection.

Reactions: Tallcool1