• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerBuilt DMS

rollo695

Push Start
Dec 31, 2010
First Name
Ron
I recently saw a presentation from DealerBuilt DMS. Seems too good to be true... Appears to have all the features and benefits of a Reynolds or CDK system - without any of the heartburn inherent in dealing with those two companies. Any thoughts?

Ron-

I have a great deal of experience with Dealerbuilt (Lightyear). This is a serious computer system.

Basically, it will do everything that you want it to do. It is not a system for an organization that is not computer literate. If you have a group of people that are willing to learn this system, you will be very glad that you did.

The system was written by an ACCOUNTANT. John Hosmer was an accountant long before he became a car dealer. Accounting is excellent. Front end is also really good. Again, it will do everything that you need it to do.

Dealerbuilt is headquartered on the 2nd floor of their car dealership. Every update gets tested in their own dealership before it get released. This is a big deal.

The support people are all dealership people. Matt Saewart is the head of their sales team, and he was actually the GM of the store for quite some time before he moved up to the 2nd level.

I loved it.

Reactions: rollo695