• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerOn acquires Sincro

I wonder how much money Ansira lost on Sincro? Had to have been a good deal for DealerOn.
I remember looking at the deal closer and I believe Ansira paid $10M. However, they assumed all overhead, which I think was pretty substantial. Ansira was actually less headcount than Sincro at the time which I was surprised by. What is quite crazy is this was all right when US went into lockdowns when the sale was announced. I think it was early April and uncertainty was insane.

• Useful
Reactions: Alex Snyder
And last I heard, DealerOn was hoping to get acquired by someone
Makes sense. They connected with private money (Automotive News link) in January of 2020… really lucky timing! However, the acquisition money for their size seems tight at the moment. You break a certain revenue and there are only a small handful of players who can buy you. That decreases the multiple.

I remember looking at the deal closer and I believe Ansira paid $10M. However, they assumed all overhead, which I think was pretty substantial. Ansira was actually less headcount than Sincro at the time which I was surprised by. What is quite crazy is this was all right when US went into lockdowns when the sale was announced. I think it was early April and uncertainty was insane.
Maybe DealerOn will pay Ansira's outstanding rent now :)

1727375811969.png

Makes sense. They connected with private money (Automotive News link) in January of 2020… really lucky timing! However, the acquisition money for their size seems tight at the moment. You break a certain revenue and there are only a small handful of players who can buy you. That decreases the multiple.
CarGurus would make sense as a potential suitor, but I know the website business isn't the most lucrative and is pretty support intensive.