• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerRater Analytics (Or lack thereof)

Bill, are you seeing referring traffic from your main ad (banner ad) on your DealerRater page?

From my experience, this placement is a no brainier as it yields (if done correctly) some of the highest CTR I've ever soon for a banner ad.

Jeff, yes, that is correct. The referral traffic from DealerRater stats in Google Analytics shows: 90% new visitors, time on site 6.53 average and 13.50 pages per visit.

Jeff, yes, that is correct. The referral traffic from DealerRater stats in Google Analytics shows: 90% new visitors, time on site 6.53 average and 13.50 pages per visit.

The 90% new visitors is an interesting stat as many dealers believe the traffic from DealerRater is repurposed traffic / leads they already aquired.

Unless this has changed - DealerRater will allow you to host your ad. In return you could use Google DFP or another ad analytics program to track the performance of your ads. I was doing this awhile back. The results on the CTR alone were nothing less than impressive by display ad performer standards.

Just an update to an old thread. Up in Canada we have 4 dealerships on DealerRater and I've been running some in-depth reports on all their traffic sources, etc. The average number of monthly referrals from DealerRater (paid accounts with the ad placements) is about 14. The dealerships are getting more than 14 reviews a month, so they aren't stagnant pages.

It would be interesting to know if anyone is seeing consistently good numbers these days from DealerRater.

Jeff, one dealer who takes DR very seriously (Dealer Rater Dealer of the Year - 2013 & 2014) boasts a 13.2% conversion rate from DR referral traffic. Great engagement stats after the landing page as well. I'm not sure if we have tagged the specific display ad you mention for a separate ad to landing page metric, but we could. I'll ask Matty to put that in place.
Dealer Rater - High Conversions & Engagement.jpg