• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerRefresh / DTT Event - Need Your Help!!

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
DealerRefresh Meet-up / Dealer ThinkTank Event set for April 2014

Everyone,

For years now I have been asked to host an event in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area. Our area gets overlooked and I'm not sure why since we have some of the most progressive dealerships here in the tri-state area when compared to most of the country.

So with that being said, we're going to host a 1 day Conference / Meet up in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area.

As maybe you're aware, I have partnered up with some amazing people in the industry to form Dealer ThinkTank. We've been traveling the States, visiting some of the major cities throughout. We started off in Cincinnati with great success (read Kevin Fryes review here). We've hit a few more cities over the last few months BUT in April we will be in the Maryland / DC area.

We have everything ready to go EXCEPT for a place to host the event and meet up. I would LOVE some feedback from the local to Maryland / DC community on some good ideas on a central location and place to host the event.

My initial thoughts - keep the conference centered between Baltimore and the DC area. I'm thinking the Columbia area - easy off of 495 to 29 and 695 to 29. A lot of people know that area due to Merriweather Pavilion.

OR do we move further south west into the Centerville area closer to outside DC and Northern VA while still not too far of a stretch for southern Bmore?

1. I need your opinions and ideas on a good location --

2. Where to hold the event --

Of course with the RIGHT place to hold the event, could sway on where the event is located. I personally get tired of the traditional hotel spaces but they're typically most convenient.

When I was at MileOne we help a few internal events at some unique places. One was at an upscale bowling alley. This turned into a really cool venue to have the event. Everyone was relaxed, huge bar and great food. I believe we had close to 100 employees there. The stage was staged out on the lanes. It worked out really well. Plus is was different and FUN. Another was at the Dave & Busters. They had a really cool private event space with a great seating and atmosphere. Afterwards - you had a nice bar, food and of course the game area.

These are merely for example. Something different over the traditional event areas our industry gravitates towards.

I NEED YOUR IDEAS!! Don't be shy and comment below...

cetner_columbia.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
For those who would be flying in: Reagan and Dulles are much easier to get direct flights to than Baltimore.

I love the idea of the bowling alley. Drinks and activities sure beat the hell out of sitting in some Marriott conference room staring at stale grey walls.

Reactions: 1 person