• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer's Buying FAKE Likes on Facebook. v. 50K Fans, Are You Serious..

This is all very scary!

Just few month ago, some of the very well known vendors/trainers in the industry were using Marlboro Nissan in their webinars as a good "How to" example and endorsing wikimotive.

Will be interesting to watch the vendors world in the near future. I think going back to the basics its the going trend. We want less fluff!

This is all very scary!

Just few month ago, some of the very well known vendors/trainers in the industry were using Marlboro Nissan in their webinars as a good "How to" example and endorsing wikimotive.

Will be interesting to watch the vendors world in the near future. I think going back to the basics its the going trend. We want less fluff!

Stefan, I agree, as dealers we get hit from every angle on social media mess and its the basics that sell a car in the end, sure some of it helps, i will not deny that, but its not what sells the cars. Is 143K LIKES really better than my little 1,150 when it comes to engaging with our community and selling cars? :dunno:

Stop and ask yourselves, what is 30k+ LIKES and 5,000 +1's, .......from Turkey......, really going to get you in the big scheme of things, that is unless you have a dominate Turkish population in your town? All I see is an ISM with a boner for LIKES that just cost the dealership several thousand dollars. On a 6 month campaign that is $3,000 a dealer just spent for 30,000 LIKES....... FOR PEOPLE IN TURKEY????? :thinker: ............. ummm, yep, here's an oil filter case box to put your crap in, go find another store that will let you flush their money down the toilet cause that's the ROI your getting. And if you don't think that, then you've never worried about your gross not just total units, looked at cash in bank each morning, check on your OBSO parts, how many 1 line RO's this month, or look at a statement monthly and understand the responsibility of running a dealership. You just wasted $3,000, and if you do the NADA calculation what it really cost you to net $1, then you'll really puke when you think about that $3,000.

I just looked, Malboro Nissan has 143K likes, most popular city: Istanbul Turkey! Most popular age group: 18-24. Someone explain to me why the hell should I care about likes from outside the US and ages 18-24. Is there some valuable hidden SEO agenda here, because I don't see where 18-24 years olds in Turkey are really a true engagement of my dealership in Suffolk VA. Its gaming the system and KCar had a good point about that.

Our facebook page has 1,150 likes with 35-44 year olds being the main age group, guess the most popular city.....Suffolk Va. HOLY SHIT BATMAN - that's who we sell cars too!!!! We've gotten all those the old fashion way, we earned those LIKES by people that wanted to LIKE us cause they...... like us! Now, we did a Relay For Life campaign in April of 2011 where if you LIKED our page we would give $1 to the Relay For Life in Suffolk. We got a great response, and all those people were in our area and continue to engage with us and know us. I got thanked on the street for doing that several times, and that wasn't in Istanbul Turkey, it was on Main St in Suffolk VA, USA.

Stefan, I think you all did a deal where you asked people to LIKE your page and you gave money to a school or something like that. You got 20K LIKES and Reno is the most popular city. That is awesome to me, cause you have your city engaging in your page. Not 18-20's in Turkey that have no clue who you are.

I'd rather have my little 1,150 LIKES with people engaging our dealership and saying to me on the street they saw "so in so" on our page getting a new car, read a review, liked the rainbow picture over the dealership (which got 23 likes in 2 hours on a Friday at 6pm), or thank you for promoting little league on your page, etc. Versus some BS 143K LIKES from Turkey and pictures of some gross finger nails asking people to make a comment. I wonder how many of those people are buying cars?

This isnt the fake LIKES business, its the auto business. Like Stephan said, we want less fluff vendors!

Reactions: 1 person
This is all very scary!

There is more endorsements due to friendship than via true labor of checking what is useful and what is not. As much as I would like to apply my Judo techniques to Joe Pistel I have to agree with his statement:

DISC

This looks legit LOL LOL please take my credit card number :rofl:

Buy Facebook Likes & Buy Facebook Fans! Quality Facebook marketing.

LIMITED DISCOUNT -- 250,000 targeted facebook fans...
When you invest only $9997 $8997.30 (only until 30JUN12), we'll deliver 250,000 real, targeted and active Facebook fans to any account of your choice -- only $9997$8997.30! Monthly payment plans available.
NOTE: We can target your fans/likes based on industry, interest group and/or interest group as specific as country. Please make certain you email us immediately upon placing your order with us to specify your targeting requirements. Buy Facebook likes now and we'll start your delivery quickly within 72 hours.

Paying a company to drive likes is an incredible waste of money. Your dealership would be far better off with no Facebook page than one wallpapered with people who care who you are.
I remember a comedian once said "Did you ever notice that the people with the most Facebook friends have the least real friends"