• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealership Mobile Website - Who are you using?

HTML:
Bill, we can easily change the menu for you to remove new cars and add a link to service. Contact website support to have them do that. We can also create a different style for the whole site and add your logos and stuff to it. I think you have our default mobile site skin and menu that has never been changed.

Matt, thanks for the reply. I will contact them and get the ball rolling on the changes.

Also notice that there is not a link for anything related to fixed operations. I really feel that if we had a service tab, to display coupons or to give the customer the option to schedule an appointment that we could get some mileage out of that. Jeff, I noticed on your homepage screenshot a tab for your service department. Thoughts?

Do your analytics show that people are using the mobile site for service? I asked for a feature request a few months ago with Vin to have the "new car" tab removed and replaced with a service tab and have had no response.

Service is a MUST! Most mobile searches are hyper local searches to begin with. Let's be honest with ourselves, at this point I would say most consumers are doing hyper local searches and thinking service over "buy a car". I would highly recommend the you offer service coupons and mobile service scheduling to your dealers mobile site. I would also promote this one your website and material at the dealership. Also include in any service retention snail mail and email campaigns.

Sorry to hear the trouble you are having with Vinsolutions not getting your request taken care of. I guess not everyone is One with Vin BUT im sure Matt Watson will poke his head in here and offer to help.

I do have a few questions for you - On my BlackBerry I went to HaleyCertified.com and it took me to your normal site and NOT the mobile website. Howcome?

I tried other ways to access your mobile site .mobi and was still unsuccessful in finding your mobile site.

Sorry to hear the trouble you are having with Vinsolutions not getting your request taken care of. I guess not everyone is One with Vin BUT im sure Matt Watson will poke his head in here and offer to help.
Jeff, Matt did respond to my earlier posts and offered assistance. I have submitted a ticket for the changes. Let hope they happen this time!

I
do have a few questions for you - On my BlackBerry I went to HaleyCertified.com and it took me to your normal site and NOT the mobile website. Howcome?
I wish that I had an answer for your blackberry questions. It shows up as a mobile website on my iphone and an employees andriod. Hopefully Matt will see this response and can offer an answer.

Mobile is mobile when considering what mobile device the consumer is engaging with. It's great that Google Analytics specifies what operating system and now even what hard device is being used (I cant seem to find this reports at the moment)

I recommend dealers view their mobile sites on ALL mobile devices. You want the tablet user to receive the full website experience rather the "mobile phone" experience. However, it's imperative to know what your full website experience is like on a tablet.

Case in point - ipad = no Flash support.

If video engagement is a defined portion of your overall consumer website experience, you could be losing out. This was the case for my dealer mobile sites until I worked with UnityWorks and they came up with the solution to offer the YouTube video if the mobile device isn't able to render Flash. No worries now. Kudos to UnityWorks!!

tablet_video_youtube.jpg

I would also recommend your mobile sites offering the option to view the site in it's full browser version. So many mobile sites don't offer this option and it's a real hassle when you need the full website experience for some particular reason.

main_website_screenshot.jpg

Here is a screenshot of my mobile analytics for the month of August. And also a chart of my total dealership visits for the year. It is interesting to me that the average monthly visitors ramains somewhat constant, but the % of visitors coming to the site from mobile devices is increasing.

AugustMobileUsage.jpg

MobileTrendsYTD.jpg

If my total visitors look light compared to your store, I am a single point used car dealer without a new car franchise here. I also have a Toyota service center, parts department, and body shop.

Attachments

• AugustMobileAnalytics.jpg
    AugustMobileAnalytics.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1
  • AugustMobileAnalytics.jpg
    AugustMobileAnalytics.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2