• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerSocket, get your act together (RANT)

Scott, I hear ya and we contemplated over that from the beginning. Just like you said - there are members/readers that have legitimate concerns but are afraid to voice. Seems weak on many levels, I understand but it happens. Like forums across other verticals - people are free to build out profiles as they see fit. With that being said - we do our best to call bluff when we see it.

Heck, just today I caught wind that a vendor was harassing one of their dealers for posting a simple question here in the forums. He expressed to me his concern and said that he would no longer be posting in the forums.

I think it cowardice. If you can't say it to someone's face, then don't say it online either.

And to hear a vendor is bullying a dealer for something the dealer said online is complete :bs: - that makes me mad. If any vendor wants to discuss how they approach a complainer, please talk to me before acting. Very few vendors understand how to handle this stuff right.

I wanted to respond to this thread again after speaking with Shellie.
To the OP: It's a real shame you haven't contacted her regarding your issue, or left a HINT of what group you're from as I am sure she would track you down. I received a very quick response from Shellie that she would be putting me in contact with the person who would be able to handle and solve my problem effectively.

She certainly has. The last two days I've been speaking with the COO of dealersocket regarding the issues I've been having and a way to overcome them. May I also add he contacted me within an hour of business opening on the west coast. While the conversations have been in shorter spurts due to our busy schedules, I can't believe he's taken the time to work with me on my minor issue.

The level of support I've received has been fantastic and I will be commending them (Ben and Andrew in particular) to the COO for their great support after this is all resolved. So while many of the featuers may not work as I would personally like them to, knowing that the company is committed to the product (or at least keeping our accounts!) is FANTASTIC.

Thank you Shellie, this is what customer support should feel like.

Shawn,
I know how hard our dealership works for positive reviews. With the extremely negative tone the thread started with I felt the response was more than warranted. I'm a firm believer in karma and giving credit where credit is due.

It's nice to see companies aren't just out for taking your money!

I've been a vendor for the better part of 20 years. Every company I've been a part of has had the occasional issue. It's not a question of "if", it's a question of "when" and "how often". The only thing I ever ask of my clients is that they let me know when they have a problem and they give me an opportunity to correct it. Those of us in the vendor world really want to help. At vAuto, we have no contracts so any and every problem could mean the loss of a customer. The pressure is on all of us to resolve issues quickly and completely.

To the dealers reading, know your vendors are committed to your success. And to Shellie and the folks at DealerSocket, thanks for representing all of us in a truly professional manner!

I think it cowardice. If you can't say it to someone's face, then don't say it online either.

And to hear a vendor is bullying a dealer for something the dealer said online is complete :bs: - that makes me mad. If any vendor wants to discuss how they approach a complainer, please talk to me before acting. Very few vendors understand how to handle this stuff right.

Alex, I was at a seminar last month that was hosted by a very well known vendor. A comment was made about people that post on DealerRefresh as if this was a negative thing. I immediately made it clear that I was one of "those people". Several of the people, that were representing this vendor, seemed to be shocked by my announcement. Did you know that DealerRefresh is a subversive group? I don't think anyone from my group had any idea what we were talking about. Actually, I have defended my use of this vendor on this forum. I continue to use them and have increased my expenditure.

I have a lot of friends in that organization and have been a loyal client ....they just need to connect the dots.

Alex, I was at a seminar last month that was hosted by a very well known vendor. A comment was made about people that post on DealerRefresh as if this was a negative thing.

A shady vendor has a good reason to discredit a forum like DealerRefresh: DealerRefresh keeps them honest.

DealerRefresh is where we (dealers) get together and discuss what works best for us, how much we should pay for various services, what we should pay our employees.

Just as a labor union helps protect employees from exploitative employers (by sharing information, collective bargaining, etc), DealerRefresh helps protect dealerships from exploitative vendors.

I immediately made it clear that I was one of "those people". Several of the people, that were representing this vendor, seemed to be shocked by my announcement. Did you know that DealerRefresh is a subversive group?

Those representatives have their heads in the sand. They are selling to an industry that has been radically changed by the availability of information to consumers. Didn't they think the seachange in our business was going to change the way they do business?

Thank you for standing up for our community. Perhaps we need an attitude like "show me the carfax!" so vendors know to put their internet forum prejudices away when doing business with us...

"Oh you want to swindle me? No thanks, I'm Refreshed."

Reactions: 3 people