• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Do you have a BDC?

Hi Alex,

I am curious and I remain grateful if you say that the above structure remained unchanged.

Is this right?

Thx

It has changed due to turnover.

Director of eCommerce - the old eMarketing Coordinator (I now work for Dealer.com)

Service BDC Manager - outside hire after Finnel left to go back home (different state) and the job changed a little
Inventory Marketing Coordinator - same

Sales BDC (Customer Care Center) - 6 people now....same role
Service BDC - last I heard there were still 11 people....same role

Content Writer - part-time employee who writes various things

It has changed due to turnover.

The enemy of any stable set up at the dealer: the fear of the team going to the competition.

I have akso seen most talented people (and I'm not saying that the ones that haven't are not talented) that are able to set up BDC departments and handle the car biz just get burned after a few years and go apply the skills learned to another industry.

The enemy of any stable set up at the dealer: the fear of the team going to the competition.

I have akso seen most talented people (and I'm not saying that the ones that haven't are not talented) that are able to set up BDC departments and handle the car biz just get burned after a few years and go apply the skills learned to another industry.

Burnout has always been a problem. I can remember when you would be fired if you quoted a payment from the desk. Only a F&I manager would quote payments. Finance Managers were the very best closers in the store and a breed all of their own. Today, how many F&I managers are willing to do a box close? There is just so many years that they would last in the "box".

Many of the really good Internet Directors might meet the same fate.