• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Do your Sales/Service people have ability to respond from home or mobile?

JohnScott

Boss
Aug 23, 2009
First Name
ME inc
In another thread email response times were being discussed, I have a related question.

Im curious if you allow your sales/service people to log on to the network and check emails from home, or while they're mobile?

How about Chat services, would you allow a Service Advisor to get an alert that someone has just emailed service or is browsing the page where customers schedule service and then log on from home/mobile to help?

What policy do most dealers follow?

I think it would be great if I were a service advisor to have the ability to log in and be able to respond to a few emails. That way when the customer comes in for service or calls the next day they would ask for me. Its a win-win, the employee wins, and so does the dealership.

I guess some of it may have to do with your confidence in your employees abilities.

Most of the time this depends on the CRM program you are using.

Server base CRM programs like AutoBase and HigherGear do not allow you to log into the CRM unless you have an RDP or Remote desktop connection.

Other CRM programs are Web based and allow you access to login from anywhere unless your IT has it locked down.

Both have their strong and weak points.

For myself, If I were on the floor/ILM department and did not have access to my emails on my off time/weekends..it would drive me crazy. But then again, time off is time off..right?

For myself, If I were on the floor/ILM department and did not have access to my emails on my off time/weekends..it would drive me crazy. But then again, time off is time off..right?

I agree, you gotta give it a rest some times. However Im not talking about a huge amount of effort or time, just a simple log in, acknowledge the email, get your name in front of the customer, and maybe answer a few questions. 10-15 mins max? That simple reply may be all it takes to keep them from going to Midas, or Firestone.

Totally voluntary, Im sure some people would not bother. I guess I kind of think of it in the same sense as the person who gets there early so that they can get the jobs from the customers who dropped off their keys early.