• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

"Don't be annoyed with us, Mr. Dealer, you're IN queue!!!"

QUOTE]I'd had issues with ADP once that dragged on for 4 months

Kcar, some of my good friends are vendors and I am very loyal.

Years ago, I got all the way to a V.P.. I told him that I was very frustrated and was trying to find someone, in his company, that was competent. I asked if he might be that person. He told me that he had the finest people in the industry. I then named off every person that I went through getting to him. My problem was fixed in a matter of hours. This issue had lasted about a week. I never raised my voice or used
profanity.

That same V.P. dropped in on me about six months later. He told me that he called a meeting of all those involved and played the tape of our conversation. Apparently, they all freaked as I started going through the names. He laughed and told me the tape was part of their training. Any one of those people could have fixed my problem if they had got off their butts to do it.

That Christmas he sent me my first Montblanc pen.
[/QUOTE]

That's an entertaining, short yarn, DD. Nice... :)

Sam, I don't go "ghetto" on anyone. When they say they are giving me a ticket number, I ask for the name and number of their supervisor, in the event that they can not resolve my problem. For all I know, that number could be their laundry receipt. We have all been given ticket numbers and never heard from them. Get their supervisor's name and number and it rarely happens.
I'm not giving the support people a reason why they couldn't deal with me. Being rude and abusive is enough. I'm definately not going to curse anyone. Remember, they usually tape these conversations. Don't give them any excuses.

That is absolutely not acceptable from a vendor. Is this a vendor you are required to use? If not, I would start shopping my business. Whenever I am looking for possible vendors, I always ask how the support system is set up-dedicated rep, send an email to support, etc?. I would let the vendor know they have til Monday COB to fix the issue.

Aaron, I don't threaten people or give them ultimatums. I replace them and cancel as soon as I am operational with someone else.

There was an active thread on DealerRefresh about a vendor. I commented about how bad the service I received from this company. Their tech support had put me on hold for long periods of time. They would pick up to see if I was still there. I even heard them laughing and discussing me still being on hold. They eventually hung up on me. I could hear them laughing before the "click". Trust me, I was hot enough to weld with.
I got a call from someone way up in that company about my comments on DealerRefresh. In that conversation, I suggested that he listen to the tapes of my calls. I learned that they don't tape them. I wanted him to know that I was never unprofessional in my dealings with them. It was too late, I had already decided to replace them.

Since then, there has been another thread, about this company, on how they were improving their support department. My experience was enough for three dealerships, in that group, to replace them. Two of my friends replaced them. I wasn't actively trying to hurt their business. It was only their name coming up in conversation. That is $60K in lost revenues, per year, influenced by pissing off one person. I was on the phone with a friend, from here. He told me he was flying in to talk to this same vendor about the issues he was having. I don't know what decision he made but he controls 4 or 5 stores. I am certain that I am not alone.

Aaron, I don't threaten people or give them ultimatums. I replace them and cancel as soon as I am operational with someone else.

There was an active thread on DealerRefresh about a vendor. I commented about how bad the service I received from this company. Their tech support had put me on hold for long periods of time. They would pick up to see if I was still there. I even heard them laughing and discussing me still being on hold. They eventually hung up on me. I could hear them laughing before the "click". Trust me, I was hot enough to weld with.
I got a call from someone way up in that company about my comments on DealerRefresh. In that conversation, I suggested that he listen to the tapes of my calls. I learned that they don't tape them. I wanted him to know that I was never unprofessional in my dealings with them. It was too late, I had already decided to replace them.

Since then, there has been another thread, about this company, on how they were improving their support department. My experience was enough for three dealerships, in that group, to replace them. Two of my friends replaced them. I wasn't actively trying to hurt their business. It was only their name coming up in conversation. That is $60K in lost revenues, per year, influenced by pissing off one person. I was on the phone with a friend, from here. He told me he was flying in to talk to this same vendor about the issues he was having. I don't know what decision he made but he controls 4 or 5 stores. I am certain that I am not alone.

Agreed...If I am having continued problems with a vendor, I look for a replacement. As soon as I have one in place, the cancellation call/letter is made.

Hey Sam, did this get resolved and can you share with us what happened in the "system" or back end? Every dealer I talk to has issues like this with many providers. Perhaps we could start a thread here on "How to get that problem fixed"? What I find most often is that when the dealer and provider are communicating on the same page that things get resolved quickly. It's now our business to handle website questions but we've learned this year that when we help translate the question and sit on the phone with a website provider that they get it quicker. Sounds to me like you got somebody to own the problem and they might have followed through.

Let's hear it. I look forward to your reply and your future input.