• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Don't Let This Happen to You!

Then there is the dealer that has 10 numbers but only wants one transfered but doesn't know which one for sure, and the dealer than cancels on the 30th expecting not to pay the next month (even though you have a 30 day notice) but wants the numbers transfered so you don't know if you should keep the numbers working or not, then there is the guy that doesn't fill the transfer paperwork and calls a month later screaming why things didn't get done, and then there is the guy that doesn't want to pay the $25 transfer fee even though you have to pay someone to work to get the transfer done for him, then there is the dealer that owns 3 months back and wants the numbers moved today, etc.

Not blaming the dealer, not blaming the phone service. Just agreeing with MH that things are not that simple (the vendor is the Devil because he didn't want to transfer the numbers).

Yes sir. I've seen it all. Yago, I know you're not doing this but hopefully nobody reads my comment that the things out of our control mean someone else is to blame. More so, I'm assuming responsibility for the phone vendor to be a partner and trusted consultant with situations like Drew's number misprint, porting numbers, cancelling numbers, etc....even on things out of our hands. That's just good business practice.

Also, I didn't say it in my previous post but the number port fees that Drew eluded to are not smiled upon in these parts just like they aren't in the dealership.