• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Driving with Alexa - Amazon In Your Car

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
The upcoming 2022 Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer will come with Amazon integration. Amazon’s software will be accessible from both the main display and rear seat screens. Fire TV for Auto is designed to work alongside Uconnect 5, with added support for Amazon’s Alexa Auto technology for things like smart home controls.

Making it easier to drive - shop - buy at the same time. :rocks:

Screen_Shot_2021_03_04_at_1.30.35_PM.0.jpg

Not sure I need that much connectivity, but it's nice to have the option I guess. I remember when getting CarPlay seemed like a big deal. We use Amazon Music through CarPlay, not sure I need more than that.

Also, HUGE pet peeve of mine, I hope the remote isn't $400 to replace (Fire TV in the Wagoneer comes with a remote). We have a Sienna with a screen for the kids that we use only for road trips, kiddos lost the remote, the replacement is FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS.....we did not buy it....out of principle.

• Hilarious
Reactions: craigh and ChrisR
Just purchased my Ascent yesterday, moving up from my 2015 Outback and in the one hour drive home I realized how much I depended on my Alexa Auto because I didn't have it set up yet and I couldn't get the options for Amazon Music to work correctly through Android Auto. At least it forced me to set up the radio station buttons. We regularly ask Alexa random questions my 12 year old comes up with while in the car and my favorite use is when arriving home with groceries I just say "Alexa, announce 'Come help with the groceries please'" so the household is alerted to assist (their response time is not always great, but that's not inAlexa's fault). It's definitely a fun and useful addition if you use Alexa already.

I think it will be a cool innovation, after all, the future is just around the corner. I think by 2025 cars that will not need to be driven by a person will already be available and I hope that cars will become the safest transport

Amazon is making cool innovations for our lives. I hope it will soon become quite easy to trade and delivery will take only hours. A friend of mine sells products on Amazon and imagine that soon it will be possible to trade through Amazon directly from the car, and after a while they may invent glasses that will work like a computer, and then a chip in the brain thanks to which it will be possible to surf the Internet without using your hands. We live in an amazing time, guys, and these changes should be accepted with joy.