• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dynamic Internet Team Manager

tbullard

Tie Cut
Oct 15, 2011
First Name
Ty
Looking for a dynamic individual that can start an internet department from the ground up utilizing every part of the dealership. Though heavily based on car sales, needs to be able to promote service, parts, bodyshop, and our detail department via the internet. I want someone that is hungry and loves a challenge. I am a young general manager that is ready to get started and truly understands where this business is and is headed. I absolutely love the digital world and the power it creates for us. I am not going to get in detail on all the details of the job, but we are a family owned company that has been in business for over 55 years. I read a post the other day of someone that was frustrated because upper management still had not bought in to where this auto world was headed. I love that those dealers are out there because it just makes it easier for the dealers that do understand and embrace the new world. I look forward to talking to you. Thanks

Reactions: 3 people
Looking for a dynamic individual that can start an internet department from the ground up utilizing every part of the dealership. Though heavily based on car sales, needs to be able to promote service, parts, bodyshop, and our detail department via the internet. I want someone that is hungry and loves a challenge. I am a young general manager that is ready to get started and truly understands where this business is and is headed. I absolutely love the digital world and the power it creates for us. I am not going to get in detail on all the details of the job, but we are a family owned company that has been in business for over 55 years. I read a post the other day of someone that was frustrated because upper management still had not bought in to where this auto world was headed. I love that those dealers are out there because it just makes it easier for the dealers that do understand and embrace the new world. I look forward to talking to you. Thanks

Hello Ty - I couldn't have said it better myself. I recently finished four years as an SEO/SEM Analyst with Dealer dot com in Burlington, VT. I believe my skills fit your needs to a "T". During a recent visit to our company, an Google representative showed us slides detailing that 65%+ of all auto buyers do at least some searching online before they make a purchase, but as a whole, auto dealers spend only 10-20% of their advertising budget on internet/digital marketing - a BIG gap. As you point out, that leaves a lot of "easy meat" on the table for dealers who "get it". My specialty is helping dealers who want a big piece of that pie to grab it, hold it, and keep expanding it. Let me know if you would like to talk about this further. :cool:

I read your recent post about a geek you found that you thought would meet your needs. You need a good Sales Manager that has some geek in him/her. Ad man, Sales Manager, Geek ...that is the ticket.

I'm in a new group that still uses the old NADA desk pads. We are getting DealerSocket, next month. Some of these stores are going to be brought in to the present ...kicking and screaming. It will be fun to watch.