• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Early Adopters of Wearables Have an Advantage?

I am looking forward to the Apple Watch maturing. Usually I adopt things very early, but haven't felt the desire to pull the $400+ trigger on that watch yet. Reviewers claim the watch makes all the sense in the world, but the technology isn't used widespread enough to justify the early price of entry.

Time to call bullshit on this guy ⇧ he's a total :liar:

Not only did he buy the $1,000 steel band version the first day it hit all the Apple stores he also got his dad one for Father's day. That was long before the second version of the watch OS hit.

For shame you dirty liar :rocket:

• 💩
Reactions: Jeff Kershner
But, does that dirty liar like it?

Yeah. I especially like not needing to pull my phone out as often. But it makes you a different kind of rude. Instead of looking at the phone, when speaking to others, you're constantly looking at your wrist. It makes people think you're trying to hurry them up as you're checking the time, but you're not checking the time.

Yeah. I especially like not needing to pull my phone out as often. But it makes you a different kind of rude. Instead of looking at the phone, when speaking to others, you're constantly looking at your wrist. It makes people think you're trying to hurry them up as you're checking the time, but you're not checking the time.

This the #1 reason why my stainless steel Apple Watch is now on someone else's wrist.
People constantly gave me weird looks when I returned to looking at them because they think you're in a rush to go somewhere.
That and the fact that the thing is incredibly slow. Having used other technology in my life I can confidently say this thing is embarrassingly slow, features that other watches have "Always On" are slow and pointless, the notifications are annoying when you get as many as I do (even filtered down) and frankly the visual appeal disappeared after a few days of realizing that with the screen off it's just an ugly wrist box.

What I like to do is ask Apple Watch users to check the weather on their watch for me while I count the seconds.

Compare to the Moto watch, which came out way before the Apple watch, it can't hold a candle IMHO.

Motorola-Moto-360-Smartwatch.jpg

Two things...

The other day while boarding a flight I had to laugh at the guy trying to scan his boarding pass on Apple watch. It didn't work and then he fumbled to get his phone out and scan that. Ha.

Second....

Wearable usage is expected to grow 60% this year.
Mostly fitness wearables, but these days - who's fitness wearable doesn't do more than tell you you sat too much today? And, isn't that the point...