• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Earthquake of 2k11 in the DMV area (and some of PA and NJ) What were YOU doing ... ?

ewalraven

Boss
Mar 23, 2010
First Name
Delete
What were you doing?
When did you know it was a quake?
Where were you at?

Well it was like any Tuesday. I was following up on some leads, making phone calls, filling out some reports ... and then a weird shake came to the WHOLE FREAKIN BUILDING!!

At first I thought it was on of those big ol trucks that was driving to close to the building and then maybe hit it once it started rocking ... Then I walked outside and the and the ground was shaking/moving (weird feeling). After it was all said and done everybody seemed to know and confirmed it was a definitely a quake.

Marlow Heights, MD ~ 70 miles? from the center point.

Pretty funny: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2QsCNL/guyism.com/humor/exclusive-photos-of-the-earthquake-wreckage-in-dc.html

... Yeah, I could never live in CA ...

Ok, back to work ...

Last edited:
Same story, thought a technician drove into a building wall at first but then the shaking kept going. I was on the second floor of our Honda dealership in Mechanicsburg, PA (probably 150-200 miles from the epicenter as the crow files) and the shaking was very noticeable. However, some people downstairs didn't even feel it.

What were you doing? : Sitting in my car stopped 2 lights away from the dealership, had been to lunch with my 2 best friends, and had joked with one of them about his red Corola loaner because his Audi was in the shop in Virginia Beach (no offense Alex) and said how cute he looked in it. He was next to me at the light and when my car started shaking I thought he had gotten out of his and was messing with me. Then I thought it was wind but the flags were dead still, last thought, "what the hell was that".

When did you know it was a quake? When I pulled up to the dealership and everyone was outside

Where were you at? Suffolk VA, 147 miles from Mineral VA.

I was in the middle of a meeting with the dealer owner and a GM. I thought the owner shit his paints. We had a good shake where we were. I'll have to admit, it was sort of a rush for me. Only lasted about 5 seconds. My favorite is when people ask "did you feel that?". Uhhhh... Noooo. What are you talking about?

I was home,sitting at my kitchen table having lunch and enjoying my day off. It was definately a weird experience. I had a friend visiting the national aquarium. When he felt the earthquake he jumped in to the shark tank. I haven't heard from him since.

Reactions: 1 person