• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

eCarList

Joe

Great job on the presentation to Homenet. You are spot on about the options that consumers are looking for. We've opted to put them in the description field as users are engaged in long tail searches not only on Google, but on Autotrader, Cars.com and most importantly eBay (unbeknownst to me until a few days ago).

I was on Homenet. In terms of backend tool aesthetics and ease of use, eCarlist is the best. The one thing Homenet did that I liked was that it automatically moved units displaying stock images or no photos to the bottom of the inventory display grid. Nothing is worse then having a bunch of cars with "no photo" showing at the top of the search results.

Other than that, eCarlist is the best i've seen and i've used Homenet, dealer specialties and ebizautos. eCarlist contains the most flexibility and options to build the most accurate listings. Feed management is as good as it gets as is support.

Len was a retailer. He gets it and he's super smart on the technical side and for what he doesn't know he's surrounded himself with good people. I'm glad to hear you are comfortable with Homenet but if you ever considered switching, eCarlist is a good place to start (and stop) your search.

I've never been a client of eCarList but I've been liking what I see for sometime now.

Love the showcase of the options listings and how you have the msrp price associated with each. Solid and impressive. I'm positive we'll continue to see eCarList impress.

This is IMPORTANT STUFF!

This is no more important page than the Vehicle Detail Page (VDP). All other internet efforts hold a distant 2nd place to your VDP work. No other page you will ever publish will be more important to a shopper and make you more money than a killer VDP.

If internet domination is on your "to-do" list, take my advice. Shut the doors, roll up your sleeves, unplug the phone and look real hard at the quality and depth of information your VDP has (or is lacking).

NO CHEATING, NO SHORT CUTS. Print out the VDP and compare it to all of the avail options on the trim level you're reviewing. Here is a GREAT Trim vs Options tool I use a lot: http://www.autotrader.com/research/compare/index.jsp?rdpage=SUBNAV NEXT, walk around your high end units. If your like most of my competition... you'll want to bring a puke bucket, you're not going to like what you see.

Remember a VDP is 1 part Inventory Host (like eCarList or HomeNet) and 1 part DEP (Data Entry Person). If you've never audited your DEP... your competitors thank you every day.

p.s. Golden rule of advertising. "If its not written, shoppers assume its not available and won't ask for it". This applies to the VDP.... big time!

Last edited:
I can attest to eCarlist. I have been a client for over a year and they are growing and keep getting better and better. Their new iPhone Truemarket mobile app is killer. I have already purchased an OWLE Bubo for my iPhone 4 and combined with their new app - this could be a game changer.

Len Critcher and Jason Miller were out at our place last week and they still have plenty of tricks up their sleeves that will be released in beta form here in a few weeks.

From any vendor I have - eCarlist is the most responsive customer service around. I can call Jason Miller (my sales rep) up any time and any issue I have is handled almost immediately.

One of the great things I like with eCarlist is their a la carte pricing. I can add or take away just about anything I want.

I like them so much we are in the process of reworking out auto-group's website and making it a juggernaut of a site for all my brands.

All that to say - eCarlist continues to grow and get bigger and better and I have yet to see any drop in customer service. I think the best is yet to come with eCarlist.

Just my $0.02.

m

Last edited: