• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

eLead vs. VinSolutions for ILM?

Vin Solutions is without a doubt the best ILM/CRM I have ever used and I've used a few. I have no experience with eLeads but there couldn't possibly be a better ILM than Vin solutions. When I switched to Vin solutions it cut my Internet' team's time by over 11/2 Hours a day to get their work done. You can set up hundreds of different processes and change them at will. The email templates are easy to create and the processes are easy to set up. You can't beat Vin Solutions - EVER! On a side note we get updates to the system at least 3 times a month so they're always improving. I researched tons of CRM's and picked Vin Solutions and I know I made the right choice. One more thing is it's ease of use. Even our seasoned veterans took to it really quickly. You have to go with Vin Solutions! Call me tomorrow and I'd be glad to walk you through my decision and my thoughts.

Last edited:
Here are some major feature updates to look for. Maybe this will help.

- Automated quote response that includes the vehicle of interest and multiple new and used alternative vehicles.
- Mobile access - responding to leads 24/7 from a mobile device is a must.
- Professional, customized electronic brochures (eBrochure).
- Automated read receipt.

Here are some things we have been doing for a long time... or you could wait.

- Automated quote response that includes the vehicle of interest and multiple new and used alternative vehicles. (Ability to choose based on several criteria such as price range, body style, etc))
- Mobile access - responding to leads 24/7 from a mobile device is a must. (with the ability to respond via mobile templates, view activity dashboards, inventory and stop your OEM clock)
- Professional, customized electronic brochures (VinBrochure).
- Automated read receipt. (Alerts via text to your phone, email and whisper message.)

Last edited:
At the dealership I just left as Internet Director we had used both. At the start was ICar now eLead. Great look for us and the customer with the ebrocher and Imagic post cards. We had some support issues and were referead to Vin Solutions by other sources. The big difference for me as an Internet Director was the service. When I had trouble or needed a feature Vin Solutions always gave me an answer. The support is awesome, your are able to create a relationship with them.

Vin Solutions is without a doubt the best ILM/CRM I have ever used and I've used a few. I have no experience with eLeads but there couldn't possibly be a better ILM than Vin solutions. When I switched to Vin solutions it cut my Internet' team's time by over 11/2 Hours a day to get their work done. You can set up hundreds of different processes and change them at will. The email templates are easy to create and the processes are easy to set up. You can't beat Vin Solutions - EVER! On a side note we get updates to the system at least 3 times a month so they're always improving. I researched tons of CRM's and picked Vin Solutions and I know I made the right choice. One more thing is it's ease of use. Even our seasoned veterans took to it really quickly. You have to go with Vin Solutions! Call me tomorrow and I'd be glad to walk you through my decision and my thoughts.

Mitchell, wow! What a glowing endorsement. Just curious how you're people make sure to stay in contact with "Contacted" prospects. We've been using the tool for about 2 months now and while our contact ratio is through the roof (71.3% on 684 leads) I'm very concerned we're missing opps with our guests because I can't see how many prospects we've contacted have a future task scheduled. A fatal flaw for a manager in any lead environment.

To their credit, the guys at VS are working on a solution, but it can't come soon enough.