• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

eLead vs. VinSolutions for ILM?

I have also brought this up with them. One of the reasons that I'm happy with Vin is the constant improvements I see regularly so I know any issue will be resolved in a matter of time. If we're talking Internet Leads only my process, and my team, never let a customer slip by. I do spot check customers daily by going to the blue "wheel" on the Customer Dashboard and it will show you the current process they're in (Admin Only). Also you can look at the last button on the Customer Dashboard and view completed, due, and Future contacts on each customer. Lastly I use the Not Recently Contacted page and review it on a bi weekly basis to make sure my guys and the sales staff is following up correctly and promptly. :hello:

Mitchell, wow! What a glowing endorsement. Just curious how you're people make sure to stay in contact with "Contacted" prospects. We've been using the tool for about 2 months now and while our contact ratio is through the roof (71.3% on 684 leads) I'm very concerned we're missing opps with our guests because I can't see how many prospects we've contacted have a future task scheduled. A fatal flaw for a manager in any lead environment.

To their credit, the guys at VS are working on a solution, but it can't come soon enough.

Mitchell, wow! What a glowing endorsement. Just curious how you're people make sure to stay in contact with "Contacted" prospects. We've been using the tool for about 2 months now and while our contact ratio is through the roof (71.3% on 684 leads) I'm very concerned we're missing opps with our guests because I can't see how many prospects we've contacted have a future task scheduled. A fatal flaw for a manager in any lead environment.

To their credit, the guys at VS are working on a solution, but it can't come soon enough.

Long term follow up is a complicated issue with a lot of variables and every dealer does it differently. Manual follow up, automated follow up, marketing campaigns and etc.

We have some new reports for this. I will post a follow up on this next week when I get back from vacation.

Here are some things we have been doing for a long time... or you could wait.

- Automated quote response that includes the vehicle of interest and multiple new and used alternative vehicles. (Ability to choose based on several criteria such as price range, body style, etc))
- Mobile access - responding to leads 24/7 from a mobile device is a must. (with the ability to respond via mobile templates, view activity dashboards, inventory and stop your OEM clock)
- Professional, customized electronic brochures (VinBrochure).
- Automated read receipt. (Alerts via text to your phone, email and whisper message.)

Vehicle quotes are a lot more complicated than people think to be done correctly.

They need to link back to the dealers websites so the customer can get even more information about the car being quoted. Also need to make sure the quotes from the CRM reflect the same information that is on your website and your salespeople are telling people over the phone. You don't want a customer getting 3 different answers and creating confusion.

Quotes should link to the dealer's website and it should include actual photos, stock photos, pricing, standard equipment, optional equipment, incentives and more.

The only way to really do this is have a CRM and Website integrated together so you have consistency.

Hey Chris, I can get you a list of customers with no future tasks. The question is figuring out what to do with them? In your store you have 852 people that have an active lead and have no future tasks setup or are in a process any longer.

How would you like to see this, what would you like to do with it? Please email me at mwatson at vinsolutions.com and lets figure it out!

Well here's a cheap jab against vinsolutions, I just called and tried a live support chat and got the message "there is no one available, please leave a message" on both attempts.

No thanks, I'd rather talk to someone at 11:00AM EST on a wednesday. ;) at least give me the option of waiting on hold.. My experiences with companies that want to call me back has been gruesome. (I'm looking at you Nissan)