• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Elon Musk launches $43 billion "hostile" takeover of Twitter

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
Too big of news not to post on DealerRefresh for some opinions.

Tesla's CEO announced the offer in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday, after turning down a potential board seat at the company.

Elon Musk has made a “best and final” offer to buy Twitter Inc., saying the company has extraordinary potential and he is the person to unlock it.

The Tesla Inc. CEO and the world’s richest person will offer $54.20 per share in cash, representing a 54 percent premium over the Jan. 28 closing price and a value of about $43 billion. The social media company’s shares gained 2.8 percent in early trading...

Reactions: craigh
"Musk has hired Morgan Stanley as his adviser for the takeover. The offer price also includes the number 420, widely recognized as a coded reference to marijuana. He also picked $420 as the share price for possibly taking Tesla private in 2018, a move that brought him scrutiny from the SEC."

:cool:

Reactions: craigh
I spend many hours a day listening to podcasts and lately I've been listening to Hoeg Law (Virtual Legality) break this thing down.
Some of the best and easiest to understand coverage, especially if you like the details like I do, straight from a practicing lawyer.
https://www.youtube.com/c/HoegLaw/search?query=musk

He's got another update coming out shortly.