• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Exporting UCS data for CRM usage

mattwatson81

Getting Refreshed
Apr 10, 2009
First Name
Matt
Anyone out there have a great solution for extracting data from UCS to send to their CRM?

Right now our customers run reports and send them to us but it is painful at best.

Anyone have a better solution?

Thanks!

Get Podium

mattwatson81

Getting Refreshed
Apr 10, 2009
First Name
Matt
Anyone out there have a great solution for extracting data from UCS to send to their CRM?

Right now our customers run reports and send them to us but it is painful at best.

Anyone have a better solution?

Thanks!
Besides switching DMS systems :D

DrewAment

3rd Base Coach
Apr 30, 2009
First Name
Drew
This was a few years ago (8+). We needed to export UCS data to a "CRM" of sorts (god I can't remember the name) and to send our inventory to our website provider at the time. We had it setup to run the UCS reports at a certain time every night. We then set up a computer in our server room that had a macro on it that ran a few hours later - it "logged" into UCS, initiated a FTP/DL to local machine of the reports, then opened a remote FTP and transferred the files. It worked about 90% of the time.

I am making it sound simple, but it was a real PITA! I can only hope the UCS has updated and changed so data extracting is easier.

Drew Ament
Press1toTalk.com
Cell: 602-405-9630
Office: 1-(866)-553-1859 x100
[email protected]

mattwatson81

Getting Refreshed
Apr 10, 2009
First Name
Matt
This was a few years ago (8+). We needed to export UCS data to a "CRM" of sorts (god I can't remember the name) and to send our inventory to our website provider at the time. We had it setup to run the UCS reports at a certain time every night. We then set up a computer in our server room that had a macro on it that ran a few hours later - it "logged" into UCS, initiated a FTP/DL to local machine of the reports, then opened a remote FTP and transferred the files. It worked about 90% of the time.

I am making it sound simple, but it was a real PITA! I can only hope the UCS has updated and changed so data extracting is easier.

Drew Ament
Press1toTalk.com
Cell: 602-405-9630
Office: 1-(866)-553-1859 x100
[email protected]
That is what we have done in the past and it is very painful and every dealer has a different report.

It is really sad that some of these DMS providers can't even FTP a file. I guess that is why Arkona (and others) are kicking their butt.