• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Exporting UCS data for CRM usage

This was a few years ago (8+). We needed to export UCS data to a "CRM" of sorts (god I can't remember the name) and to send our inventory to our website provider at the time. We had it setup to run the UCS reports at a certain time every night. We then set up a computer in our server room that had a macro on it that ran a few hours later - it "logged" into UCS, initiated a FTP/DL to local machine of the reports, then opened a remote FTP and transferred the files. It worked about 90% of the time.

I am making it sound simple, but it was a real PITA! I can only hope the UCS has updated and changed so data extracting is easier.

Drew Ament
Press1toTalk.com
Cell: 602-405-9630
Office: 1-(866)-553-1859 x100
[email protected]

This was a few years ago (8+). We needed to export UCS data to a "CRM" of sorts (god I can't remember the name) and to send our inventory to our website provider at the time. We had it setup to run the UCS reports at a certain time every night. We then set up a computer in our server room that had a macro on it that ran a few hours later - it "logged" into UCS, initiated a FTP/DL to local machine of the reports, then opened a remote FTP and transferred the files. It worked about 90% of the time.

I am making it sound simple, but it was a real PITA! I can only hope the UCS has updated and changed so data extracting is easier.

Drew Ament
Press1toTalk.com
Cell: 602-405-9630
Office: 1-(866)-553-1859 x100
[email protected]

That is what we have done in the past and it is very painful and every dealer has a different report.

It is really sad that some of these DMS providers can't even FTP a file. I guess that is why Arkona (and others) are kicking their butt.